lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default looking for some advice

hello all im going to put a paint job on my buggy need some advice from some experinced painters. i want to do a flat black and custome graphics on the body the problem is i dont want tape lines between the two i would like a smooth transition between the two typicaly sanding the everything before clear coat will cure this but with a flat will the scratches show and will the clear make the flat not flat anymore? thanks for looking and any help would be appreciated
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: looking for some advice

Yes it can be done, but the custom graphics would have a flat/matt finish to, to have no tape lines,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks rib i guess maybe some experimenting is in the future for me
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
rib33024

some thing like this for the last coat, master66 will answer this better for you

Dupli-Color Paint Shop Clear Coat Matte Finish (32 oz.) by Dupli-Color

$23.95
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First a few question for you. Are you spraying with a gun or rattle can? Are the graphics going to be paint or vinyl? What kind of paint are you going to use "ie base clear, acrylic enamel, lacquer"? The below advice is based on spraying with a gun and painting the graphics with a base clear system.

so the easiest way to get a smooth transition between the two is to paint your base color then lay down your graphics then apply three coats of clear. Then you need to wet sand around the graphics lines or the whole body depending on the orange peel or debris in the clear. After that lay down 3 more coats of clear and the lines should be gone then.
Now about the flat look you are after. If you are spraying with a gun you can add flattener to your clear and this will remove the gloss, the more you add the flatter it gets but make sure you follow the directions for mix ratios.

As always these are just my personal opinions and others will have their own
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thank you master66 i will try your method. i will start a new thread when i start the tear down and add pics from start to finish again thank you for your professional advice
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint