lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Maintainer

My 2008 RXV is down and its going to be a while before I can get it repaired. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a battery maintainer to keep batteries up. What's the best way to do this or Can I just leave it hooked up to my regular 48v charger?

Thanks,
hms09
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsnider View Post
My 2008 RXV is down and its going to be a while before I can get it repaired. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a battery maintainer to keep batteries up. What's the best way to do this or Can I just leave it hooked up to my regular 48v charger?

Thanks,
hms09
You would want to keep it on a float charge. Not sure which 48V cart charger you have. WalMart sells a multi-voltage lower current charger that would likely suffice just for keeping it float charged.

What's wrong with your RXV? I guess it's been a while and I don't remember.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I've got front end/steering problems. Seems the steering wont adequately control the cart. Its hard to describe. No wobbling or shaking and no unusual noise. You just get the feeling that it is out of control. Kinda scary. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, I should mention it has a 6 inch Jakes lift kit. Tires are 23x10.5 x 12. Tires are wearing unevenly with scooped out patches randomly all over the tires. (Front only)

Thanks again
Old 04-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Also, I should mention it has a 6 inch Jakes lift kit. Tires are 23x10.5 x 12. Tires are wearing unevenly with scooped out patches randomly all over the tires. (Front only)

Thanks again
Yuppirs, scooped out patches is common for bad shocks or struts on the front end of cars. Larger tires make the issue worst. You may need to tear your front end down and check each and every pivot point for wear. There are quite a few.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Bob. I've got front end/steering problems. Seems the steering wont adequately control the cart. Its hard to describe. No wobbling or shaking and no unusual noise. You just get the feeling that it is out of control. Kinda scary. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry
That's right. I had the same issue with the front end on that 2009 RXV chassis that I had bought. I ended up putting in all new A-arms, bushings, pins, spindles, hubs, and hardware. I was not satisfied with the slop in the brand new plastic bushings, which is why I bought new brass bushings, as I had mentioned in your thread on it. Plastic is fine for golf courses and low speed operation. I'll be using that chassis for my road car build, and I need tight steering for that. So I can relate with your issue for sure.

I just bought a non-lifted Jakes RXV front hydraulic brakes kit, which comes with another set of new spindles, so those new RXV spindles I bought will just have to go in the spare parts bin.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO