lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How do I register cart as LSV in Georgia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
The police don't administer tags for golf carts. They enforce the law. The law states that it is illegal to ride on public roads unless the road is marked for golf cart use. That applies to golf carts, not LSV's.

That's why I am asking how to apply for a get a LSV tag on my converted golf cart. Florida has policy and many tag their carts down there. My local tag office said they don't do that but I don't trust the lady knew what she was talking about.
You hit the nail on the head there,when i got mine here in tennessee they said since it has been modified to make it street legal it was no longer considered a golf cart, they had me fill out a project vehicle form,and they looked at the cart to see about the lights and all that stuff,here in tennessee if it goes below 20 mph we dont have to have seat belts,ive heard so many different stories on this subject,I think it matters alot who you get when you go into the court house to apply if they want to help or not,anyway got my lsv tag and a month later i got a title just like on a real vehicle.Just think all the people that build rail buggies for the street they got tags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back yard cart 003.JPG (88.7 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk4jmk View Post
.Just think all the people that build rail buggies for the street they got tags.
Rail buggies and such that I've seen with tags are converted from a real vehicle that had a VIN. Most use a VW bug title. All states differ and Georgia doesn't seem to have a path to get a completely new VIN assigned. Without a VIN there will be no tag issued.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #13
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Rail buggies and such that I've seen with tags are converted from a real vehicle that had a VIN. Most use a VW bug title. All states differ and Georgia doesn't seem to have a path to get a completely new VIN assigned. Without a VIN there will be no tag issued.
hey sportcoupe your cart should have a vin,on my g-22 it located on the left side up next to where the front rolles doun to the floor,should be somewhere in that location
Old 11-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk4jmk View Post
hey sportcoupe your cart should have a vin,on my g-22 it located on the left side up next to where the front rolles doun to the floor,should be somewhere in that location
You don't have a VIN on a G22, you have a model number/serial number. A VIN is 17 digits long.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

SC have you looked into to see what ppl do if they have a "home built" vehicle or where you get inspections done on salvage/totaled for retitling. This is where I had to go for my inspection and they gave me a VIN number .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've never seen a completely home build vehicle get registered, those are usually off-road only.

Salvage/rebuilt is easy because they have VIN's.

I don't believe Georgia has a process for getting a completely new VIN assigned. Some states do though.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #17
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

get it registered in another state and then transfor it over to GA
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #18
BigEd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I've never seen a completely home build vehicle get registered, those are usually off-road only.

Salvage/rebuilt is easy because they have VIN's.

I don't believe Georgia has a process for getting a completely new VIN assigned. Some states do though.
HOW TO REGISTER AN ANTIQUE OR CUSTOM BUILT VEHICLE
You will have to visit a County Tax Commissioner's office near you to register your antique or custom-built vehicle. When registering a custom-built or antique vehicle, you will need to bring the following materials to the office:
A completed and notarized Title Application, when obtaining a title for a new, custom-built vehicle or serial number for a homemade trailer.
The Certificate of Title or manufacturer's certificate of origin, for antique or custom vehicles that have already been titled.
A completed and notarized Builder's Affidavit, for homemade trailers to receive a serial number for the vehicle. If your antique or custom-built vehicle has a [COLOR="Yellow"]serial number,[/COLOR] then submit an original Certificate of Inspection, form T-22B, filled by either The County Commissioner's Office or a Georgia law enforcement officer after they validate the serial number of your vehicle.
An Inspector's Report, certifying that the vehicle is safe to take on the road. The Motor Vehicle Division will provide the report, following the vehicle inspection by an MVD Inspection Station.
An emissions testing report if applicable.
BigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #19
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
You don't have a VIN on a G22, you have a model number/serial number. A VIN is 17 digits long.
hey you are right but thats's how tennessee done mine,someone might have made a mistake,but its a done deal now. tags,regestration and title,I hadnt been on here for a while so i hope you got yours straightened out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back yard cart 003.JPG (88.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #20
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
HOW TO REGISTER AN ANTIQUE OR CUSTOM BUILT VEHICLE
You will have to visit a County Tax Commissioner's office near you to register your antique or custom-built vehicle. When registering a custom-built or antique vehicle, you will need to bring the following materials to the office:
A completed and notarized Title Application, when obtaining a title for a new, custom-built vehicle or serial number for a homemade trailer.
The Certificate of Title or manufacturer's certificate of origin, for antique or custom vehicles that have already been titled.
A completed and notarized Builder's Affidavit, for homemade trailers to receive a serial number for the vehicle. If your antique or custom-built vehicle has a [COLOR="Yellow"]serial number,[/COLOR] then submit an original Certificate of Inspection, form T-22B, filled by either The County Commissioner's Office or a Georgia law enforcement officer after they validate the serial number of your vehicle.
An Inspector's Report, certifying that the vehicle is safe to take on the road. The Motor Vehicle Division will provide the report, following the vehicle inspection by an MVD Inspection Station.
An emissions testing report if applicable.
The title application requires a VIN number to complete the form. Custom built vehicles start with some sort of donor frame that has a VIN number.

An MVD Inspection Station in Georgia tests for emissions only to my knowledge. I hardly think they will even look at a "golf cart" for a safety inspection since there's no guidance, what are they going to sign off on? Even if they do I can't complete the Title Application without a VIN.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!