lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
popper
Not Yet Wild

Default Kohler Command 25 hp

Just picked up a brand new kohler 25 hp for my 96 ez-go gasser repower. I know everybody wants to use Briggs but I got a killer deal so Kohler it is. I need some suggestions on mounting plate, clutch, and best lift kit for a big block application. I want to get a few suggestions and then give Tom a call at CPC. It is a 1" diameter shaft, the shaft is about 2 15/16 with a 1/4" keyway and a tapped 5/16 coarse hole in the end. The end 1" also has and external thread. So fire away guys I have open ears!

Thanks in advance
popper
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kohler Command 25 hp

Tom has a clutch that should fit that crank. I imagine you might need to cut the crank down a bit if the clutch is sticking out too far & hitting anything in there.

Plus he makes the engine carrier. You can use the stock leaf springs, upgrade to some HD springs, run coil-over or air shocks. But I think I'd start checking out a 3 link rear..... like a fabricated one similar to Scottyb's. Or Jake's makes a 3 link rear lift for your cart too.

Another thing to check out is what the RPM limitations on that motor are. Some top out at like 3500 RPMs, which is why guys remove the rev limiter & add a tach. Other engines have a carb on them that are designed to go up to a certain RPM & then run there constantly (like for a generator). Obviously you want a throttle you can control more than that.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

25 hp is gobs of power I like my workhorse & Robbin 25 combination. True the Kohler won't rev as high and depending upon how you want to use it you might be okay with that. My 720cc Robbin only revs to 3800 but she is a stump puller and that suits me fine on 25" tires. Good luck and post lots of pics.

I think Tom has an engine cradle that will work for that motor too. Check your engine height, that was the biggest challenge I had.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the lawnmower racing forums, there are high performance parts for the Kohlers.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!