lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Is it ok to charge 2 6v's at a time

Your welcome,, you need a meter, it's hard to work on your cart with out one, and NO SPARKS around the batteries, or they can blow up
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I hooked them up hopefully as shown. My pack has 4 towards the front and two towards the back with a big round thing between the two back batteries. It says it is charging?
GrannyGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
rib33024

your charger says it is 12v and 6v make sure you have it on the right setting?

you have a marathon, the batteries are a little different set up in that cart, but as long as you have the POS on one battery, and the NEG on the second battery, with a cable hooking the to batteries together, can you post a pic of how you have them hooked up?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just looked at some pics of the marathon set up and it is hooked up right. Thank you so you much. I have another thread up with no responses if you are looking for something to read LOL.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGoneWild View Post
I just looked at some pics of the marathon set up and it is hooked up right. Thank you so you much. I have another thread up with no responses if you are looking for something to read LOL.
if your talking about the other thread you started about this same thing? i deleted it
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #16
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No I was talking about how do I add a converter. So I went out to check the batteries and the light was solid green? Meaning the 2 batteries were charged. I hooked up the cart charger and still getting almost nothing on the meter. when I hit the go pedel battery pos cable started sparking and smoking? Not a good thing I'm sure. I hooked the two batteries back up individually 2 batteries 2 chargers and they are back to red and no smoking or sparking. Thoughts! Should I turn off everything and just run away!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your cart has a " Tow/Run " switch place it in " tow ". Disconnect each battery cable ( one at a time ) and clean both the cable terminal and the battery post to clean, bright, metal. After you have done this to all of them reconnect your 12V charger to the + and - terminals of any two batteries that have a cable connecting them together. Think of the two batteries as one 12V battery. Let each set charge for a half hour or so, then charge another set. Once all have been charged a half hour, disconnect your 12V chargers and try your cart charger again. You should hear a click after a few seconds of plugging it into the cart. If it clicks and the ammeter reads anything, your batteries have been charged enough to operate the cart charger. Now just sit back, have a beer, and let the charger go until it shuts off automatically! This may take up to 16 hours!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #18
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Is it ok to charge 2 6v's at a time

I do not think I have a tow run switch? I have FNR? Where would it be located?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
rib33024

No you do not have a TOW/RUN, yes all the cables needs to be clean and tight, if you remove the ones on the motor, use TWO WRENCHES make sure the stud in the motor does not turn, disconnect the POS and NEG and wrap some tape around the cable end so they do not touch anything, no sparks, use little short wrenches,post some pics of under the seat of the batteries and cables, lets see how bad it is
Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #20
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Is it ok to charge 2 6v's at a time

OMG who's said to take all that crap off and clean it. This thing is 27 years old and I am sure 99% is original! Ok, I took pics before I cleaned, I just finished cleaning and spraying with some red stuff. Will get after pics and upload all cause of course there were several problems found and created by the cleaning. Thanks guys for the help!!! oh I can't charge at all right now cause one of the charging cables broke. Pics tomorrow!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO