lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
YammerHammer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Clearance problem with Jake's 6" lift

Hi Guys!

Just finished installing a Jake's 6" lift on my Yamaha G16 and put 23" Carlylse All-Trail tires. It looks great, but the left front tire doesn't have as much clearance to the body as the right front tire does. As a result, the tire rubs when making a turn. It doesn't look like anything underneath is bent and I don't see a fore/aft adjustment. Any ideas?

Thanks!
YammerHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
YammerHammer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Clearance problem with Jake's 6" lift

Ooops. Upon closer examination, it looks like the previous owner may have "bumped" into something and bent the frame tube. I raised the body a bit by going to the highest setting on the A-arm, but it changes the camber a bit. Anyone know if this can be straightened?
YammerHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

if it is not bent to bad you may be able to get a porter power in there and pull it back out. if not you may have to cut that section out and re weld a new tube in. it is bent right were the tubing starts to curve right? i have repaired many Yamaha front sub sections.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
if it is not bent to bad you may be able to get a porter power in there and pull it back out. if not you may have to cut that section out and re weld a new tube in. it is bent right were the tubing starts to curve right? i have repaired many Yamaha front sub sections.
GP, you are a better man than I. Have tried porta power with heating also, seem like there is no frame member strong enough to brace the power power's base. I useually just take the front cowel and dash parts off and take it to my autobody frame guy. In normal jobs he charges 125.00. I use to try to "pull" out the rear and front frames with a chain (tied to a fork lift) and using the carts power to "pull" it back into position. NO MORE! That will jar your neck and hurt your teeth! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
GP, you are a better man than I. Have tried porta power with heating also, seem like there is no frame member strong enough to brace the power power's base. I useually just take the front cowel and dash parts off and take it to my autobody frame guy. In normal jobs he charges 125.00. I use to try to "pull" out the rear and front frames with a chain (tied to a fork lift) and using the carts power to "pull" it back into position. NO MORE! That will jar your neck and hurt your teeth! Later Dave
you are right smallblock there isn't much there to support it. i have only been lucky a few times because the frame wasn't bent to bad. but most of them i had to cut old tube out and weld a new one in
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post

I used to use a big tree....it is too hard on the neckand back and teeth...
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
[/COLOR]

I used to use a big tree....it is too hard on the neckand back and teeth...
Forgot about the back!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Once someone I knew backed into a tree wot all drunk. Well the next morning they came crying to me as the bumper area was rubbing the tire. The entire rear of the cart was bent down. I shook my head, I was not home either so I chained it to a tree and hit it, nothing. I backed up and hit it hard and just jumped off the cart. About 8 bangs later it looked good, the back of the cart would come off the ground over a foot every time. Anyway, I was laughing so hard I could hardly see.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Once someone I knew backed into a tree wot all drunk. Well the next morning they came crying to me as the bumper area was rubbing the tire. The entire rear of the cart was bent down. I shook my head, I was not home either so I chained it to a tree and hit it, nothing. I backed up and hit it hard and just jumped off the cart. About 8 bangs later it looked good, the back of the cart would come off the ground over a foot every time. Anyway, I was laughing so hard I could hardly see.
Good thing you didn't break your back/neck or teeth!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha