lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation G2 front left tire rubs when turned

My yamaha g2 (profile picture) front left tire rubs when it is turned at a certain point. It also happens if you take a turn on a slant that way or when you hit like a bad bump. My lift kit was bought off ebay about at least 4-6 years ago and has taken some beating. I would normally fork out the money to buy a new one for $300 but I'm strapped for cash. Does it just need new bearings on the arms? When I move the tire with my hands the whole thing moves a little and it seems as if the left side is set back a little compared to the right which takes turns perfect. I'm only 18 and have had this cart since I was 10 and would love to see it run like it used to. Oh and sometimes when I'm stuck in mud it makes a sqeeling noise but i think it just might be the belt. I'm new to this and am no mechanic.
ribbingrider31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 front left tire rubs when turned

Welcome to BGW!

Can you post some pics of the lift and front end? We may be able to see what's wrong.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah i will right now... its dark out so i gotta push it inside because unfortunately my battery decided to crap the bed today... ill post some shortly
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

heres the pics of the front

its the left tire that is bad right side turns perfect... i don't get it
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Swap your shocks and see what happens. Hard to tell, but looks like possibly a shock or not aligned with the other one on the driver's side. The passenger side appears to be lower.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah thats what i was thinking.... i might mess around and try to adjust it but it that doesn't work ill buy a new set of shocks... mines well by new shocks for the back while im at it... does the squeal thing sound like just the drive belt? it used to have enough power to make it out of some pretty deep mud
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Squeal sounds like a belt slipping. Could be worn a little too especially if you got it wet and then kept on and on gassing it. I've done it plenty of times in our creek. It'll burn a belt up.

For your tire rub. I would bet you got a bad or misaligned shock. Another thing to make sure of is that you didn't overtighten the bolts in the a-arms after installing the lift. This can cause the a-arms to stick and not flex up and down like they should.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah thats what i was guessing about the belt but didn't know about the getting it wet thing... thanks ill have to keep an eye for that now after i put a new belt on it.

and with the rubbing your most likely right about it not being aligned because that's a really old lift kit and i can say when i was younger me and a couple friend were pretty rough with it and a couple times flipped it and hit stuff.

Once i get money I'm planning on buying a brand new lift kit and tires for a lil treat after having the same thing for well over 5 years
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Didn't know that. You may have a bent frame or a-arm then. The front end on those can bend and buckle fairly easy if you hit something head on.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh yeah i figured that lol. I never like hit stuff dead on though just like side swipes mainly for what i can remember. And i flipped it twice lol.

Tags
bearings, lift kit, lift kit rubbing, rubbing, yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha