lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements
Announcements Important information concerning the forum and members.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Lester Summit II Charger

The Lester Summit II is a lot of charger for the money. The 650w version can charge 36 or 48v. The industrial 1050w version can charge 24/36/48 volts. Both chargers are auto-detect. Meaning the charger senses (reads) the pack voltage and charges appropriately.
There is a phone app which allows the user to select charge algorithms (ending voltage etc) from a long list or upload another selection. User can also check on the charge status and see the percentage of charge completed or estimate time until finished. When the charge is finished the charger goes to a battery FLOAT mode. Charge cycle history is also available using the app.
The removable DC cord set allows the charger to be used with different make carts and the SB50 cord allows users to stock a number of various plug adapters so one charger can quickly jump form cart to cart. Every multiple cart family or shop should have one. Of course you can easily mount the charger on board and connect directly to the pack using #10 primary wire and ring terminals. Golf cart chargers have come a long way. Starting at $305
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02144_drop-shadow_1615x1598-1.jpg (42.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg download.jpg (8.8 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ChargerConnect-App-Users-Guide.pdf (1.90 MB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lester Summit II Charger

I wanted to add the manual here for anyone wanting to look closer >

https://lesterelectrical.com/wp-cont...07/42041_D.pdf
Old 02-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Really is the best deal on the best charger on the market IMO.
I would get one, but I'd have to convert my whole fleet... 9 new chargers gets kind of expensive!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Really is the best deal on the best charger on the market IMO.
I would get one, but I'd have to convert my whole fleet... 9 new chargers gets kind of expensive!
Hmm? Convert to what?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Changing over from PD and PD3 units to all Summit IIs. The wiring is easy enough. Getting Interlocks setup properly on 4 different generations of carts might be a bit of work, but could be done in a day or so.
But mostly there are better things to spend the money on right now than on 9-10 new chargers.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input.

Most people will find they can use one charger for many carts by using the SB50 cord set and the adapters offered.
When charging carts without the charger interlock activated simply run the charge cord through the steering wheel before plugging into the cart. The presents of an electrical cord through the steering wheel alerts any potential user that the cart is plugged into the charger and should be disconnected before use. This prevents accidental driving off with the charger plugged in and it is an old tried and true practice.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

In a perfect world, that's exactly what I would expect!

That works great for a private cart(s), but even in plain view, sometimes the summer staff here just don't quite get the message. Usually charge cords are draped across the dash through the windshield frame. They still hop on and try to drive away without unplugging it.
I'm also not the one plugging them in every night, so have no real control over how/where the cord gets routed even if we train them to do it a certain way. Despite training the staff to HANG UP the charge cord on the HOOK that's literally right next to the charger after unplugging it, I still find charge cords laying on the ground to get stepped on or run over.

Sometimes carts are left in different areas each night, so having one or two that work with the Summit II, and the rest still with OBCs, carts are likely to get plugged in and not charge and nobody would notice.

For carts without OBCs, phasing out old chargers for new smart ones over time would be easy.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your story.

Like I said originally :
The Lester Summit II is a lot of charger for the money. The 650w version can charge 36 or 48v. The industrial 1050w version can charge 24/36/48 volts. Both chargers are auto-detect. Meaning the charger senses (reads) the pack voltage and charges appropriately.
There is a phone app which allows the user to select charge algorithms (ending voltage etc) from a long list or upload another selection. User can also check on the charge status and see the percentage of charge completed or estimate time until finished. When the charge is finished the charger goes to a battery FLOAT mode. Charge cycle history is also available using the app.
The removable DC cord set allows the charger to be used with different make carts and the SB50 cord allows users to stock a number of various plug adapters so one charger can quickly jump form cart to cart. Every multiple cart family or shop should have one. Of course you can easily mount the charger on board and connect directly to the pack using #10 primary wire and ring terminals. Golf cart chargers have come a long way. Starting at $305
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements