lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
2warm
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 clubcar timer chargeing?

How long should I charge with a timer,my charger never goes below 10amp charge Im sure its the obc my charger never shuts off. So I have been using a timer set for 3 hours on 3 hours off ,is this to much or to little Thanks for any info
2warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 clubcar timer chargeing?

Recharging can take from 5 to 10 hours or more, depending upon the condition of your batteries .Your charger has an auto shut off... let it finish
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

It may not be your OBC it could also be your batteries going out on you.. Either way, the OBC is worth the $200, it helps batteries live a long and healthy life
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Hello 2warm and Welcome to the forum.

Does your charger have a Timer control knob on it?

If not, and if no knobs, your charger is fully automatic and should charge till it shuts off.

3 hours will never get your batteries charged. 8, 10, & 12 hours of charging is normal, depending on the condition of the batteries.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
2warm
Not Yet Wild

I added the timer because the charger will not turn off by itself it used to turn off by itsself but,itts been this way about 6 months,the batteries are ok i had those checked, so Im thinking obc.so should i set the timer for 10 hours with the charger chargeing no less than 10amps the charger doesnt get any lower than 10amps Thanks
2warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Rather than someone telling you how long to charge the batteries, charge them where you can keep an eye on the charger after several hours. Therefore, when the needle goes to about 2, 3, or 4 amps, you can stop it there. That will tell you how long they need to be charging.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries should cool for 8 hours after charging so the lead can contract. Another way to charge batteries is put them in a 350 electric oven for 5-10 min let cool. The reason for cooling is to let the pours in the lead to contract if you run hot these pours will remain large, and shorten battery life. Charging is done by sulfuric acid coming out of the pours.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car