lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Fred99x
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 RXV Charge Recepticle LED Function

We recently had an issue where my wife took the cart out golfing and it appeared that the batteries did not charge from the last trip. I attempted to check the charging function to see if the charger was working. The charger is power wise QE charger. Plugging in the charger produces a quickly flashing green lead on the charger as well as quickly flashing led on the cart receptacle. Seeing as both loads flashed at the same rate I assumed the charger was driving the cart led. After awhile I checked the status of the LEDs again. The charger showed flashing green led while the cart led had no indication at all. I could hear the batteries percolating so it seemed like the batteries were being charged. After charging overnight the charger led was on solid and the cart led was was green but every four seconds had a quick flicker. Does anyone know if this is normal operation and can explain why for a period of time the cart led has no indication at all?
Fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 RXV Charge Recepticle LED Function

I don't know anything about those chargers, but what are the voltages of your batteries?

Here's a thread I found on those chargers:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-failure.html
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #3
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Does charger "click" when plugged into cart?

When the OEM charger clicks repeatedly after a few minutes, it has failed.

Repair is available.. DPI makes a good replacement.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Fred99x
Not Yet Wild

The cart voltage is 48 volts and the charger seems to be working, it does click when plugged in, but the LEDs on the cart recepticle are a little puzzling. Are the cart charging LEDs driven by the controller or more likely by the charging port recepticle which I believe has a built in circuit board. We've only had one incident where the batteries did not charge, maybe the plug did not make good contact. My concern was when there was no LED lit on the cart while being charged.
Fred99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The led in the charge port is controlled by the circuit board in the charge port. The third wire from the port to the charger is a data communication port. The battery temp is communicated to the charger this way. And any faults in the charger are communicated to the cart & port led. If the led on the cart is not jiving with the charger operation & cart operation, the charge port is failing (its not unherd of for rxv). I would start with the charge port, as when it totally fails, it shuts down the whole cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO