Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default EMP 2 Speed motor MELEX - EZGO

Up for sale is a slightly used EMP 2 speed. This motor is out of my 77 Melex that was used approx 2 summers at our place at the lake. This is a motor that fits between the batteries, perpendicular to the axle. It also has a brake on one end of the motor. I am not sure but I believe it will also fit some older model ezgo's (1971 to 1975 E-Z-GO) with the motor perpendicular to the axle and inbetween the batteries.

Will post pictures tommorow. $120 FIRM plus shipping. Just a note. When I had this motor shipped to EMP the freight was about $80 because of the weight. The weight is twice what a standard motor is.

I am including the brake drum, bracket and band with the motor because I do not need them.

I am parting out the whole cart if any other parts are needed.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
craigmus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EMP 2 Speed motor MELEX - EZGO

Can you send me pictures? If it is the same motor I need for my Melex, I will take it!
Thanks,
Craig
resume1991@verizon.net
Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If you have a metal bodied melex with the motor running in between the batteries and it has a brake on the motor then yes, it will fit. It's raining right now. As soon as it quits I will take pictures. What year is your Melex?

I believe it will also fit on ezgo's with 10 spline input shafts. This is a hard to find Item. I HAD to get the stocker re-worked because NO ONE OFFERS an aftermarket motor for a melex. The stock replacement motor is almost $600.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
craigmus
Not Yet Wild

Not sure of the year, the id plate was removed before I got it. It is metal body, not sure if it is a 112 or a 152 (3 wheel). I'm having the same problem you did with finding an aftermarket motor. Did the rebuild give you more speed/torque?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Oh yea! Definately goes faster than stock. You can check the electric section, there is many members who are extremely happy with their EMP's. If your not familiar with EMP 2 speeds, this motor is a 2 speed motor. It has 2 "modes", Torque and Speed. I have it hard wired into "speed mode" because I just didn't need torque mode. In speed mode it seems to produce just as much torque so I just left it hardwired. You can take a Club car F/R switch, wire it up and have it switchable. I am not including a F/R switch to make it switchable.
http://www.empinc.biz is their site.

Mine originally was a 3 wheeler and I converted it to a 4 wheeler and lifted it. I have many other parts on this thing to if ya need them. Wiper board, fairly new resistor coils, rebuilt F/R switch etc.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
craigmus
Not Yet Wild

What are you asking for the parts you just mentioned? I'm running originals on those and they could probably do well to be replaced!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Let me yank those parts out and inspect them real good first. I know the resistor coil is fine. I rebuilt the F/R switch before parking it so its probly ok. I need to make sure the micros switches work. I want to double check the wiper board and make sure its up to spec before selling it.

This afternoon I will be able to know more after the rain quits.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

No, wait. The Wiper board was updated to a later model. I am not sure if it will work with your cart. Its a newer model board. It was the only one I could get at the time. I had to make some minor mods to make it fit.

The other parts, F/R switch, micros and resistor coil are direct bolt on items.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I'll throw the whole thing up to part out after the rains stop.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
craigmus
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good. Please keep me in the number 1 spot for that motor!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts