lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Rusted rear spring shackle bolts

1993 Club Car DS---What is the best procedure for removing rusted/stuck rear spring shackle bolts??? Both front & rear shackles.

And after they are finally removed, what can I do to the new bolts & bushings so I don't have this problem again
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
bleazenb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rusted rear spring shackle bolts

I just went through this over the holiday weekend. I changed out the rear springs on my 96 DS. I soaked all shackle bolts with PB blaster over night and used impact to break loose nuts, then spun shackle bolts with impact to try and break them loose from spring bushings. This worked for most of then. For the problem child bolt I used a c-clamp between the outside of the shackle and the end of the stuck bolt and pressed it out. If all else fails cut the bolts on the inside of the shackles.
bleazenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

What i have found that works is to keep an impact on it and put a pry bar between the top of the leaf spring and the frame and pry as hard as you can. Keep the impact going and eventually it usually breaks the bushing sleeve loose from the bolt
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

If the bushings have fallen out, or almost fallen out, just take a pair of needle nose vise grips and grip the inner sleeve, which is the reason the bolt wont come out. Then use an impact gun and spin the crap out of it and try to walk the bolt out. This will get the bolt out every time.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
crash test dummy

if you have to cut the bolt , cut inside the bracket
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car