lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #41
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 club car won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is good, the controller connects the Blue/White wire to pack negative in order to activate the solenoid.

Other than the battery pack voltage being a little low (You should charge the batteries), it sounds normal.

You lost me in this one.

You can only measure resistance (ohms) on a circuit that is not energized and preferably not connected to anything in order to avoid false readings.

Since You have a new MCOR, let's assume for now that it is working properly.

Can you set your voltmeter to 200vDC and measure the voltage on Controller A1 to A2 terminals as You press the pedal (cart on jack stands)?
I unplugged the harness at the controller and test the harness back to the potentiometer
rtclopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #42
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtclopez View Post
I'm beginning to think OBC, when the red battery light comes on after disconnecting and reconnecting the #6 battery wire I can plug in the charger turn the key on and push the gas peddle and the cart will go, It normally won't go if the charger is plugged in.
The cart is NOT suppose to run with charger plugged in.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #43
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Can you set your voltmeter to 200vDC and measure the voltage on Controller A1 to A2 terminals as You press the pedal (cart on jack stands)?
rtclopez - Sergio needs you to perform this voltage reading/test to help you troubleshoot any further. Without it you won't be able to determine what the cause is...whether a bad controller...or something else entirely. The voltage at the motor is no longer useful information. You need to tell him what voltage the controller is delivering at A1 & A2.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #44
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

I'm getting 12.5 volts at the controller A1 and A2 when I press the peddle down
Old 09-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #45
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtclopez View Post
I'm getting 12.5 volts at the controller A1 and A2 when I press the peddle down
I was hoping You had full voltage at the controller and the problem was a bad DB solenoid.

The only other thing You can test is the throttle signal, the test you did with the tech on the phone does not really tell you anything since that controller varies speed depending on the throttle input voltage, not resistance.

Set You meter to 20vDC and with the controller connected, measure the voltage on Pin 9 (yellow wire) from MCOR.

You should get around 3.4v when you hear the micro switch inside the MCOR click and it should go all the way down to 0v with pedal down.

My personal opinion at this point and based on the fact that You have already purchased an MCOR, would be to return that controller, purchase an Altrax XCT controller and a IQ harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #46
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help, I'm sending the controller back hopefully everything goes smooth on that and I'll let you know how everything turns out. Hoping the next time I post it's to tell you everything is working and not for more tech help.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #47
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did not realize those old controllers were so expensive, You can get the latest technology 400amp XCT controller and a IQ harness for just a few more dollars.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #48
rtclopez
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to say i'm still working on this cart. I went through two GE controllers when installed the cart went only a few mph and a new MCOR all installed on the request of the tech at buggies unlimited. This is what i was trying to avoid, chasing and replacing parts. The tech after returning the second controller told me just to upgrade to the IQ system. After waiting over a month for the wire harness I don't have any installation instructions or diagrams that I thought would have come with the upgrade controller (Curtis 500Amp)and wire harness. Any help would be appreciated greatly
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car