lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
carter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default UR Thoughts on Fairplay Eco or EVE LSV

Ordered an EVE car on 6/26/10 but the dealer can't get it for 5-6 weeks. As an alternative, he's offering the Fairplay Eco LSV with the seat, tires, and other customizations.. Seems like the dealer is giving us a fair shake if he can do our upgrades.

Is this a sign this LSV manufacturer is having productio problems and I should look at something else? i.e. Yamaha, EZGO or CC

Lots of money going out here and would like some advice.

Looks like parts are going to be a problem, like for a steering wheel upgrade. I hear some EZGO parts may fit. I need rocker panels and kick plate, chrome steering column and sporty steering wheel.

If we replace the seats on the ECO with custom "Suite Seats" (MSRP $400-450) do you think the dealer should give us a credit for the brand new seats he's removing?
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: UR Thoughts on Fairplay Eco or EVE LSV

IMO, I think it's a bad trade-off.

The Fairplay has a 4hp motor and 2 wheel braking while the Eve has a 6hp motor and 4 wheel braking.
If you are going to register the vehicle for street use, I'm not sure the Fairplay qualifies where the Eve does.

If you can't wait, check out the offerings from EZGO, Club Car, Star, Tomberlin etc.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
carter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The ECO model is the same as the EVE model except for the tires, side lights and seats.

I found out on this forum what has been said about the Star and Fairplay carts and it concerns me about my purchase.

Would be nice to have some of my questions answered.

Thanks for giving it a shot.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
The ECO model is the same as the EVE model except for the tires, side lights and seats.

I found out on this forum what has been said about the Star and Fairplay carts and it concerns me about my purchase.
Sorry but the ECO is not the same as the EVE, they look similar but are electrically/mechanically different. If someone is telling you they are they same, I would question their integrity.
The Star and Fairplay carts are both assembled in the US but mainly come complete except for batteries and options from China.
The quality is pretty much the same and most issues will arise from the possible lack of parts supply.
The general consensus from the people who own them and have had golf carts before, like them a lot but they ride like a truck.
EVE is just the NEV/LSV cart altered Fairplay for street use with all the required items AND a 17 digit VIN number which is the most important thing if you are registering the cart.

Here are the Fairplay ECO Specs: http://www.fairplaycars.com/plugin/e...cy_eco_2P.html
Quote:
Horsepower 4 hp w/ regenerative braking
Kilowatts 2.8 kw
Controller Programmable
Electrical System 48 volt DC
Batteries 6x8 Volt Trojan T-875
Charger Programmable
Speed 17-19 mph
Weight 1050 lbs
Width 47.25 in
Length 95.25 in
Height 71.5 in
Load Capacity 755 lbs
Here are the EVE ECO Specs: http://www.evelsv.com/LSV/electric/eve_eco.html
Quote:
Horsepower 6 hp high speed w/ regenerative braking
Kilowatts 4.41 kw
Controller 400 amp
Electrical System 48 volt
Batteries 6x8 Volt Trojan T-875
Charger 17 amp lester
Speed 23-25 mph
Weight 1166 lbs
Width 47.25 in
Length 95.25 in
Can Height 71.5 in
Load Capacity 755 lbs
The new EZGO 2Five is expensive but looks impressive: http://www.ezgo.com/2five/

The Club Car Villager has been around for awhile: http://www.clubcar.com/homeowner/low...s/default.aspx

Both the EZGO and CC are over $10K.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fairplay, lsv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay