lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Turkey Hunters

Any fellow turkey hunters out there? I am SC. It is about time for season to open here.
LongbeardExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turkey Hunters

I live in Minnesota, and I just ot my notification book in the mail today, telling me that I got picked in the drawing for the spring hunt this year. I have never really hunted them before. 2 years ago in the fall, I had about 60 birds coming buy my deer stand every day, just like clock work. That made me decide to try turkey hunting. Now that I have been sending in for the drawing, I dont ever see any birds at all, go figure. It seems like I always have too much going on in the spring to get out. And the one year that I did get dawn for the fall hunt, I had just gotten on a huge buck the week before, so it seemed like I spent more time chasing him, then I did going after the turkeys. Good luck to yu this year!
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That stinks having to go in for a drawing. We get 5 tags each year. Everyone that wants them. Did you hear any gobbles when you went?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Our season in Texas where I hunt opens April 4. Since I'm hog hunting then I think this season I'll throw my bow and ground blind in every time I go. Then if I hear them gobbling I can do a quick setup. We can shoot 4 here. George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No, I have never head any gobbles while out, but while bow hunting for deer, I used to really hear the hens clucking!
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Oh Good Lord! Now here's a topic that I will talk about way more than a golf cart and I like my cart. I eat, sleep and breath for turkey's and my wife know's it. When I'm not in the woods turkey hunting, I'm usually thinking about it. Heck, that's the main reason I bought my cart and am on this site. When I am not offshore, I build and sell turkey calls. (No, I'm not trying to be sneaky and advertise.)

I live in the Northern half of Louisiana and we got a good many birds on my lease. Season open's here on March 28th and I fly home on the 29th. I have a trip lined up in April to go hunt some Rio's for the first time. We will leave on Thursday the 9th and hunt Friday thru Monday. Got a sweet deal on a hunt for 2 birds thru another guy that works here in Brazil with me so I am pumped up about that. 25 day's of sitting in the spring woods~~~~How sweet it is!
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

used to be 12.50 for a hunting & fishing tag.now 27.50 for just a fishing license(no trout tag.) i refuse to support these SOBs any more.sorry about the political BS.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

There will be some new pics in the next week or so. I ordered a 5" lift and 23" swamp fox tires last week. as soon as I get them on I will post some pics of the LongbeardExpress.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Here in Ga. season opens march 21st. I'll be at camp and hope to get a chance to hunt. I have a lot of other chores to do there too, like painting, hanging paneling, enlarging the cook shack, build deer skinning shed, etc.
I have turkey hunted several times but have not bagged one. I've been told once you score one you've got to go back for some more. Maybe I'll catch that fever this year. Good hunting to ya and keep it safe. Mike
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a vicious disorder Mike. I havent even heard of a cure. It is so much more interactive than deer hunting. You dont even have to kill one to get it. If you get a good gobbler that is responding to your calls and you can work him in, man there just aint nuthin like it. I used to live for deer season but now deer season is good scouting time for turkey and I get to shoot a deer if I happen to see one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing