lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Anyone use Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs

I'm looking for something to help my 2013 Chevy 1500 Silverado when I haul my EZ-GO cart on the back of it. I've trailered it for several years, but my cart is 99% for hunting, and I go to some pretty gnarly places where a trailer is not welcome. So, I winch the cart on and off. Now, the cart weighs 1,000-lbs....which is like having 4 fat guys in the truck bed. But it does make the back sag about 3" or so.

I have been looking at these Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/firest...ado-1500-07-14 not necessarily from this web site, but this site has some video that shows the install. I've searched the inter-woven net (Al Gore's of course ) and have found mostly positive reviews on this gizmo. The few negative reviews seem to come from guys who either were expecting more...or their review was non-sensical.

Anyway....if anyone has used these or know of someone who has....let me know. They appear to be a good product and would be exactly what I want\need, as long as they work as described.

Thanks.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone use Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs

I have air shocks on my 2013 Silverado z71 they work really well even when pulling my 31 foot camper golf cart in the bed of truck. I think I played 140.00 for the pair. Took me about a hour to put them on
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have used the ride rite system in my last 4 vehicles. System works Awesome. so well that in my last two trucks I pulled the over load springs a relied on the air bags for any load I was towing/hauling made the truck ride super nice no matter what. I would opt for the in cab control and compressor if you change it often. if its a two or three time a year thing then save your money on the compressor upgrade.
lake surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks Gents!! Not gonna go with the on board compressor. I married a blond....'nuff air in the truck already!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #5
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Thanks Gents!! Not gonna go with the on board compressor. I married a blond....'nuff air in the truck already!!!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #6
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Used them for the last 20 years in our overhead camper/ towing trucks and they work great.
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's