lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Cooperchaser
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 controller over voltage

I have a 95 ezgo medalist that spent a couple days under water about a month ago. We have dried everything out as best we can. It has one year old batteries from another non flooded cart, voltage of the pack is 38.2. Ran ok for a while then it would start slowly going down after about ten minutes. Ran down quickly, in about two minutes it wouldn't move. After letting sit for a couple hours it would run fine for less time and get down to nothing quicker. We are now to the point it will only run slowly. I went through the ez go diagnostics thread and everything checked out ok until I get to the controller section. I am getting voltages between B+ and M- of 134 to 142 at full throttle. This jumps between these numbers and doesn't stay steady. Only thing I can think is there is water in controller but I'm not sure it is worth a new one with the value of the cart being what it is. Especially having been underwater. This is a non dcs cart. Are there any other explanations other than the controller for having too high of a voltage?
Cooperchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 95 controller over voltage

If the motor was under water, I would take it completely apart and clean everything. The brush holders can rust and keep the brushes from working properly against the armature. You could also have water in your rear end.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Cooperchaser
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 controller over voltage

We did change rear end grease and there was a little water in there. I'll pull motor and check brushes. The voltage coming out of controller still has me stumped..
Cooperchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO