lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
wcopper1
Not Yet Wild

Default Convert EZGO RXV from 4 12v Batteries to 8 6v Batteries

Has anyone done a conversion from 4 12v batteries in and EZGO RXV to 8 6v batteries.. I know the placement of the two extra batteries will be an issue... are there any other considerations?
wcopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
kirkroediger
Getting Wild

Default Re: Convert EZGO RXV from 4 12v Batteries to 8 6v Batteries

why dont you go with 6-8v batts & save the extra weight + a few $$$, you wont have as many amps but probably more then with 12vs
kirkroediger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcopper1 View Post
Has anyone done a conversion from 4 12v batteries in and EZGO RXV to 8 6v batteries.. I know the placement of the two extra batteries will be an issue... are there any other considerations?
Do a thread search. I believe the 6 X 8 volt frame for a TXT will fit on the RXV. The 8 X 6 volts will be more of a challenge and will required the use of the bag well.

Last edited by MiltonC; 02-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: spelling
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonC View Post
Do a thread search. I believe the 6 X 8 volt frame for a TXT will fit on the RXV. The 8 X 6 volts will be more of a challenge and will required the use of the bag well.
Install of TXT battery tray in RXV
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

According to the specs in the RXV owner manual, it has a 140AH 48V battery pack, so that means they used T-1260 batteries, or their equivalent, so you have a 7.44kWh battery pack.
You can get at least 8% more run-time with a 6 x T-860 pack, at least 22% more with a 6 x T-875 pack and at least 36% more with a 6 x T-890 pack, while still keeping all the batteries under the seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48V Battery pack kWh.JPG (44.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
kirkroediger
Getting Wild

if you really want the extra amps from 8 batts, western [ezgo] built a street legal cart a few yrs ago that had 8 batts under the seat, the only difference was they moved the controller to over the right wheel well. however, i dont know if the rxv has the same room under the seat as the older models did . i owned one of them for a while and the xtra weight caused the frame to flex and break bolts holding the top on. it also went through 5 controllers in a year[under warranty] good luck
kirkroediger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just converted my RXV to 6 8 volt batteries. Added inverter to reduce 48 to 12 volt, along with a fuse block. I went with the aluminum TXT battery tray. If you need help feel free to ask.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
shoenshell
Not Yet Wild

Jerj7907, I've got some questions on how this is working out for you? I've got an RXV with four new 12-volt batteries and I'm getting around 18 miles range out of them. I would like to get more.
shoenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To get max range drop a TXT battery tray in there and you can fit all 8-6 volt 260 amp/hr batts under the seat , that s what I would do
Cheers !
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenshell View Post
Jerj7907, I've got some questions on how this is working out for you? I've got an RXV with four new 12-volt batteries and I'm getting around 18 miles range out of them. I would like to get more.
shoenshell - Just curious as I have an RXV and am not getting as much mileage as I would like either. Are you running over-sized wheels/tires? What is the approximate temperature when you are getting 18 miles? How many passengers do you typically have?

I am only getting about 12 miles or so with a couple of passengers, 40 degree temps, 14" wheels with street tires. I will likely change over to 6x8 soon.
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO