lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
dekeeler
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980 EZ GO,,Lights dimming

Hello all,
I have another problem with an old ez go,i think it's a 1980.. I had to put a new resistor coil on it and added several used batteries just to get it running.The old charger works fine,the Batts take a charge ok,and it seems to run ok and the charge seems to hold up OK,, BUT now, when the lights are turned on, and the pedal is depressed either in F or R they go real dim,almost off..Both the headlights and tail lights,Does anyone know about these older carts?? and what i can do,? I have traced all wires and theres no bad wires or shorted out wires.These lights were put on by the previous owner,and i don't have any wiring diagrams for these older carts.When i disassemble these carts i tag ALL WIRES, and put them back like they were when i get the carts,,,And i know the other guy could have put them together wrong,,BUT without diagrams i don't know what else to do... I'm trying to help out my kids and friends.... PLEASE HELP
dekeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1980 EZ GO,,Lights dimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeeler View Post
Hello all,
I have another problem with an old ez go,i think it's a 1980.. I had to put a new resistor coil on it and added several used batteries just to get it running.The old charger works fine,the Batts take a charge ok,and it seems to run ok and the charge seems to hold up OK,, BUT now, when the lights are turned on, and the pedal is depressed either in F or R they go real dim,almost off..Both the headlights and tail lights,Does anyone know about these older carts?? and what i can do,? I have traced all wires and theres no bad wires or shorted out wires.These lights were put on by the previous owner,and i don't have any wiring diagrams for these older carts.When i disassemble these carts i tag ALL WIRES, and put them back like they were when i get the carts,,,And i know the other guy could have put them together wrong,,BUT without diagrams i don't know what else to do... I'm trying to help out my kids and friends.... PLEASE HELP
If two of the 6 batteries are supplying the 12v or its possible that the lighting is a 36v lighting circuit your lights will dim upon initial acceleration. Usually they will return to normal brightness once the draw has been reduced. Good time to check battery condition and consider either an accessory battery dedicated for lights, et.al. or a DC-DC converter.

Check the stickies at the top of the EZGO electric section for wiring diagrams.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO