lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default BB with stock gen, voltage issues/dimming/VR? G9

Thought I would ask here about lights dimming and changing with my clone. This is second clone I put in this way just unhooked the ignition and left all cart wiring. I run a relay to kill the clone off the ignition 12v power from the pedal, the gen works as stock and also starts it. Both G9 carts do this same thing and never did before. This cart has a brand new boat starting battery, the VR is solid state and works.

What happens is the lights (55w) used to be more dim at low rpm then brighten at say 2K rpm or above as the gen charged more. Now they jump brighter at that rpm and then blink, well they don't blink it is like the VR is turning on/off repeatedly and enough voltage change to see the lights get brighter over and over. It keeps doing that long as rpm is above about 2500.

I see the G9 wiring shows a hot wire from VR to the ignitor and wondering if it has something to do with this. I didn't think the VR needed any input other than battery voltage but what do I know lol.

Only other thing I can come up with is the stock ignition consumed enough power to smooth out charging somehow, or again has some control over the VR. Anyone have any ideas on this?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
charging, dimming, lights, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!