lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
ccarrel09
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez go (china eagle) cart 2004 throttle input touchy

recently picked up a 2004 eagle cart, based off what appears to have ez go 48v guts, chassis from a 94-01, curtis 1274 controller and throttle box. previous owner put 4 12v marine batteries in it, which i am doing away with, but the throttle is very touchy. slight pressure will give you whiplash, but cart will reach full speed at full throttle, not slow down. i pulled the throttle box out, has 3 wires, red, white and black. inside box there is the potentiometer, and another open/closed switch with a green and yellow wire that is not used. key on the cart solenoid will click, press forward or reverse button and dash and will drive. i am trying to adjust throttle so it is more driveable. From the throttle box, white wire has 5 k ohm, red has 5k ohm, black has 0 ohm output. i sweep the pot, red drops to 0, black goes to 5k, so believe throttle is operational. perhaps i should hook the other switch up to provide power to solenoid once pedal is pushed, as opposed to straight keyed power? should i re-center the pot? i switched the outer pot wires, left the white one alone. cart ran at full speed and would not stop once throttle pressed, so reversed those back. cart has some rust, but new fasteners and wiring, so not sure what was done before i bought it. the box has little range of motion so maybe i am over thinking this and need to put some slack in the linkage. maybe the 12v batteries have something to do with it? looking for suggestions before i completely tear it down. thanks.
ccarrel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO