lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Controller, no Voltage on Field Terminals

Still fighting with this 1997 Club car regen 1 that has been OEM upgraded to Regen 2.

Motor works with power directly connected to motor terminals (bypassing controller) and I finally got the solenoid to click.

Now I have Voltage on the controller terminals connected to A1 and A2 (the big wires).

However, I have no voltage on the terminals connected to F1 and F2. The voltage at A1 and A2 is battery level voltage and does not vary with pedal.

I am guessing this is a potentiometer issue or is could there be another culprit I am missing?

Does the field voltage control speed or is the armature voltage also varied for speed control?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Controller, no Voltage on Field Terminals

Bump
Old 04-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IT won't run at all without field voltage. Speed is mostly regulated by armature voltage. Field voltage starts at max to give max torque - then it drops when you get up to speed.
Sounds like your controller is toast.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IT won't run at all without field voltage. Speed is mostly regulated by armature voltage. Field voltage starts at max to give max torque - then it drops when you get up to speed.
Sounds like your controller is toast.
I think you were right, I switched to a third controller and that solved my problem.

Still not 100% sure though, I have three of these identical carts with same controller and none of the three have the same wiring connections/colors, LOL.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car