lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default 2005 President Drive Clutch

A friend of mine has asked me to investigate the horrible grinding, squealing noise that his cart is making. In order to pin it down I removed the drive belt, started the engine and the noise is still there. It appears to be coming from the drive clutch. In addition as I increase the the engine speed the clutch does not close smoothly but rather suddenly jerks half shut and continues to judder as it opens and closes with change of engine speed. With the belt back on the car seems to drive normally except for the unbearable noise.

My question is can you remove the drive clutch with the engine in? I found a manual on line which does not make it clear (the images say "body not shown for clarity") and I have searched posts here but not found a clear answer. It seems to me that the body is only an inch away from the head of the long bolt that holds the clutch onto the crankshaft so there will not be the clearance to remove it. In addition the CC manual shows 4 different tools that you need to remove the clutch, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car