lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Cart Guy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club car running slow

I work at a golf cource and i took it apon myself to fix our broken carts, the main problem with a few carts is that the acceleration pedel will no fully accelerate the golf cart, i can fully push down the pedel but it will only move about half the speed as our other carts. both the carts pedels are very loose and just seem like they need to be tightened.

Is there any way to adjust or tighten the pedel itself or is it something else entierly?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Cart Guy
Cart Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Cart Guy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car running slow

anyone?
Cart Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Rendog92
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey cart guy, there are two possible problems, you either have dead batteries that have been run for over 3 years, and they cant give enough power to the electric motor, or they have their speed settings down. If you look up the sticky at the top of the page, you can tell what model the carts are, if it has an iq system like mine, chances are the controller is tuned to speed settings 1 or 2. There are 4 settings, 3 is what I have, and its about 16-17mph
Rendog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendog92 View Post
Hey cart guy, there are two possible problems, you either have dead batteries that have been run for over 3 years, and they cant give enough power to the electric motor, or they have their speed settings down. If you look up the sticky at the top of the page, you can tell what model the carts are, if it has an iq system like mine, chances are the controller is tuned to speed settings 1 or 2. There are 4 settings, 3 is what I have, and its about 16-17mph
That might be Wrong! THe key to this maybe the loose peddle... Put the cart on stands and see how far the peddle has to move before the wheels move.... then take a pr of pliers and rotate the accel to MCOR shaft some more, if the cart accellerates some more then the problem is in the stupid peddle design. Use caution reving the motor with no load, they can over rev and explode.....
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

There is an EASY fix for this.....I will share this if you guys promise not to tell anyone.....OK???
We buy carts from Clubcar and most all of them are "Off Lease" which means they have had the snot beat out of them.
My fix if I can't get full 100% throttle but my park brake still works fine, is to look down the back of the accelerator pedal...like you are looking into the floorboard....you should be able to see where the shaft from the MCOR meets the ACC. pedal. There is a little "Nub" or aluminum piece you can loop a zip tie and slide around the Nub. Pull it tight and cut off the eccess. This will take up just enough slack to give you most if not all of the throttle signal back. This will not fix the loose play in the pedal. But its easier than replacing parts.
sssshhhh.......just don't tell anyone......been doin this since CC started with the MCOR's....not seen it anywhere else......
Ok you BGW vets.....have you heard of this before? Or is this one truly mine??
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car