lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
dezertrxv
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas for a 2010 RXV questions

I realize this has been discussed before but I think the 600 controller kit is available for the RXV now. I have a 2010 RXV that I have been fixing up this past week. I bought it stock and have since installed a 3" Jakes spindle with their disc brake kit. Freedom mode done. I had it painted and other little things. Right now it has 20" tires and does 23 mph according to a few GPS apps on my phone. The guy I talked to said I could achieve 30 MPH with their system. I have read about the Alltrax but I don't think they have anything for the RXV. Is Navitas my only option? Does anyone have any experience with this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
dezertrxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Navitas for a 2010 RXV questions

Only other upgrade option is from Ezgo.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
dezertrxv
Not Yet Wild

Thanks cgtech. Is the EZGO a decent option? I have tried to read as much as I can before posting and I know that you know your stuff.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It adds some power, 350a, but no speed above the Ezgo Lawyer Friendly 19.5mph. and it's expensive. I have used several, and they can be tuned into a dragracing monster. Like can rival most all Dc controllers available (almost keeps up with a hotrod SPM48800 I built (yes, a 800a Dc cart with raptor motor).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
dezertrxv
Not Yet Wild

I work in a retirement community and as far as I know I have the fastest cart in there. 23MPH. But I need more. LOL
Old 12-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertrxv View Post
I work in a retirement community and as far as I know I have the fastest cart in there. 23MPH. But I need more. LOL
With the tires you have, the 350 Amp upgrade controller, 2 guage wires, and some tweaking to the controller, you can hit 35+ MPH. With a stock 235 Amp Curtis controller, wires and tweaking, you can hit about 30 MPH. Where are you located? You might be near cgtech.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #7
dezertrxv
Not Yet Wild

I think cgtech is in AZ. I am in southern California but I have family in AZ. cgtech are you near Anthem or Peoria by any chance?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
dezertrxv
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Bob. That is great news. I would love to get the cart to 30 or 35 mph. I look forward to learning more from you.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was in discussions with the Navitas distributor a few weeks ago and their controller for the danaher controller was not yet working. He was in Austin and he was the beta tester for that model. does anyone know if they are actually selling them yet? The guy I talked to didn't have final price but he thought they'd be over $1k.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I can't rely upon waiting for alpha and beta testing to be completed. I have to work with what is available and working now. If I did not take the bull by the horns and hack the Curtis controllers, I would be in the same boat... waiting for others to introduce something workable for the RXV.

Every time I apply tweaks to an existing setup, I learn more about which tweaks make the "most bang for the buck". Even though I don't charge for programming, travel costs, so I try to do the most that I can while I am there. Every setup is different, otherwise I could just keep tweaking on the single RXV that I have access to, my own. Well I've done that, and the results are predictable, as expected. Some things stand out from all of the tweaking that I have done.

Tire diameter is important. Larger tires reduce torque to the ground, and torque is more important to moving you than theoretical top speed. If the torque required is too great, you cannot overcome that in order to increase the speed. Motor RPM limits can be raised. The theoretical limit on the RXV motor is 12,000 RPM, based upon the maximum frequency of the AC inverter within the controller. A guess has been that the armature would destroy itself at rotational speeds in excess of 10,500 to 11,000 RPM. A glimpse into the truth was provided by my experience with my Runaway RXV incident. The motor peaked at 11,750 RPM a few times during that event, and survived. This is not to say that it would survive for long. The truth is, we don't know how long it could survive at any particular RPM that is over the VCL limit.

The RPM limit in the E-Z-GO RXV VCL is 9500 RPM, which equates to about 28/29 MPH with the stock tires. Tire size, inflation, and rolling resistance are the greatest variables here. With 20" tires, I have seen speeds in excess of 30 MPH, and with 23" tires I have seen speeds in excess of 35 MPH. The biggest problem is terrain. If there are any inclines at all, smaller tires will give the best performance.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO