lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default Full speed or Nada - 82 club car DS

CORRECTION:

after looking up some stuff online - this cart is an 82. Not a 98. Sorry.

36v Club Car DS - just replaced all batteries getting ready for the grandparents snowbird return.

Put the batteries in and slowly presses the pedals - solenoid one click, no movement, 2 click, no movement. Then nothing until a cute little burn out and full speed.

Opened it up and lifted it. Pressed the pedal and I can feel solenoid 1 (far right as I look down from the front) go, then 2 clicks and I can feel it. Then nothing until I believe the 4th/5th goes.

I took the big spring off and cleaned all the connections, buffed it up as nice as I could and reinstalled. Same issue.

Thoughts? Is it maybe the 3rd solenoid being dead? Would that cause the 1st and 2nd to not have enough power?

I’m brand new to electric carts. So take it easy on me.

Thanks
JerEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default re: Full speed or Nada - 82 club car DS

Sorry - don’t know how to change thread name - this is an 82 cart - not a 98. If Mod can adjust I would appreciate it.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you can't feel the solenoid click, it's either not getting power or the activation coil has failed.

Check voltage on the small posts of the solenoid.

Make sure you have pack voltage available at all solenoids. Each solenoid should get power in succession as you press the pedal down. Check across each solenoid with a voltmeter and make sure each one shows pack voltage. If voltage is present but the solenoid does not click, it has failed.

Remove the wires from the small posts of a suspected failed solenoid and check for resistance across the small posts. Infinite resistance means the activation coil has failed and the solenoid needs to be replaced.

You can also remove one wire from the large posts and check for continuity across the large posts when the solenoid is supposed to be activated. No continuity means the solenoid has failed. It is possible for a solenoid to click but still not have continuity.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Thank you - would the failure of the 3rd solenoid in the sequence cause low speed to not exist?

Did a quick check not good lighting in the garage.

Large posts (right to left) were nothing without pedal. First click 38.xx on all large posts and first small posts. Second click maintains voltage on all large posts and now first and 2nd get full voltage. Nothing on 3rd solenoid small posts as pedal went down a bit further. Couldn’t test further as I would run myself over. But I’ll lift the rear tomorrow and do some checking.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Here’s some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2EC72E4C-2B4C-4A9A-89B7-14632DF18B0E.jpg (118.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DAA2267A-D363-43C4-AC30-BF32A38DA781.jpg (140.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 104A72FC-AF54-4597-BD11-ACECF66D0E15.jpg (182.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
JerEazy
Getting Wild

I ordered all new solenoids and a 4ga cable set - so we’ll know for sure if that’s the issue soon
Old 12-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default Re: Full speed or Nada - 82 club car DS

Update - was the solenoids - #3 was a 12v solenoid - probably fried the second 36v went to it.

She’s got varying speed now. Taking it for a few miles tomorrow around the neighborhood and will see what kind of distance she can do
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car