lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 rear Body work question

Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on here. I have been sick all summer long and didn't get to do anything to my old G1. Well I finally got out in the garage today and started to do some work on it. Well now I am upset, seems someone dropped something heavy on the one side of the rear body and now it has 2 cracks in it. The body was off the cart and setting on the floor where I left if before I got sick. Anyway what is the best way to make the cracks go away. I have been told not to waste my time in trying to do body work on it because it will just crack again. I was told to take my grinder and run the blade sideways down the crack and kinda widen it a little then buy some fiberglass cloth and epoxy it over this hollowed out place I made with my grinder until smooth. After it drys then do regular body putty to it then sand it all out. Is this the way to go?
Thanks everyone and sorry I made this a long story.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 rear Body work question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on here. I have been sick all summer long and didn't get to do anything to my old G1. Well I finally got out in the garage today and started to do some work on it. Well now I am upset, seems someone dropped something heavy on the one side of the rear body and now it has 2 cracks in it. The body was off the cart and setting on the floor where I left if before I got sick. Anyway what is the best way to make the cracks go away. I have been told not to waste my time in trying to do body work on it because it will just crack again. I was told to take my grinder and run the blade sideways down the crack and kinda widen it a little then buy some fiberglass cloth and epoxy it over this hollowed out place I made with my grinder until smooth. After it drys then do regular body putty to it then sand it all out. Is this the way to go?
Thanks everyone and sorry I made this a long story.
Calvin
Nice to have you back. That is a fiberglass body. Every thing you mentioned is correct. Go at it! Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi Dave been a while my friend and I am so glad I am back. Maybe this time I can finally get the old G1 done. Guess I will go to Lowes tomorrow and see if I can find some of this fiberglass cloth and some epoxy glue. Today I welded some bed railing together building my own seats for it. I purchased some boat seats for it last year but their too small for my big butt hahahaa. Hopefully I can get some more of it together tomorrow and try and start on that body work. Thanks Dave hope you have a good day.
Calvin
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
phawn
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

i would suggest fiberglass resin instead of epoxy glue you can pick it up at about any parts store or walmart comes in qts and gallons

paul
phawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Paul does Walmart also sell the fiberglass cloth?
Calvin
Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
shawn.m
Gone Wild

sometimes you can find a fiberglass repair kit with the cloth and the resin in it
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh thanks Shawn I appreciate your help.
Calvin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center