lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake & Light Wiring Question - 2009 Club Car Precedent

The 2009 Precedent did not come with the bucket harness from factory.

The bucket harness also has the wires for the rear lights, so unless someone ran wires just for the rear lights, the wires you are looking for should be there.

Trace the bucket harness inside the battery tray area for those wires.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
Jknipfel
Not Yet Wild

I believe my cart is a 2011. What about that year?

As far as the harness for the tail lights, they were inside the wheel well when I installed the aftermarket tail lights and they are functional.
Jknipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

No factory bucket harness after 2009, remove the 2 middle batteries and look for the wires that someone forgot to run to the pedal area.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

The wires should be laying down in the well , where you adjust the brake rod. They will be tied together with a plastic tie. The wires are part of the factory harness, when the cart was assembled.

To be clear, you remove the rubber floor mat, pull up and remove that plastic cover that is under the floor mat, and you should see the 3 wires ( brown, black, and red, laying in there. The only reason i can think that they would not be there, is if someone cut them off, or stuffed them back between the body and the battrey tub.

Look again, and if you cannot find them, post a picture of the brake bar area, so we can see.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
RMG86
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to revive an old post but I am working on getting brake lights working for my basic light kit on a 2013 club car precedent. I am new to owning a club car and am new to the forum as well. I have all the wires hooked up and all the relays are clicking (relay behind dash clicks on and off with the switch and the timer relay switches with the brake switch actuation). If I understand prior posts correctly I will need to install a turn signal to get the brakes to work. Now, based on an earlier post, could I just connect the brown yellow and white wires from the 9 pin harness and get it to work with out signals/horn?
RMG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #16
RMG86
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I can confirm that if you connect the wires for the left rear and right rear with the wire from the brake switch, not the constant 12v pin, (all 3 pins located on the 9 pin connector behind the dash) you will have brake lights and not need the turn signal/horn. I ordered a molex mlx power connector on Ebay for $8 and will make my own harness with those 3 wires tied together, I figured that was the cleanest way. Just figured I would post the solution that worked for me.
RMG86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, club car, lighting kit, lights, phantom
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car