lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Here's what I picked up.

According to the numbers and where they are located it appears to be a 1993 G8E. I saw it listed on craigslist for $350 and after I called the guy it turned out he lives an hr and half away. So he tells me on the phone if I am serious he will give it to me for $200. So I hooked up the trailer hopped in my truck and off I went. He says it hasnt run in 2 years. The wiring was all jacked up you can see in the 2nd picture he had wires coming out of the dash. When I got involved with it wires were cut behind dash, under the cart and in the battery area. After I downloaded the schematic I got everything in order and it turns out the solenoid was bad. Jumped the solenoid and the golf cart runs. Batteries are shot but it runs and ran pretty quiet. All the tires are dry rotted and had a bit of rust under the cart and in the battery area. I couldnt save the battery tray. I have most of the rust taken care of now and a new battery box built. Fed Ex literally just dropped off the new solenoid. The cart is at our campground and I will post pictures as I go along with progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 1.jpg (94.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2.jpg (267.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 3.jpg (88.7 KB, 0 views)
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Here's what I picked up.

Good for you Nice to see a member get a good deal and know how to follow a wire diagram. Your G8 (retrofitted to G16 body parts) has all the potential for upgrades you want. Good luck with your new toy!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha