lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Default What are my options for 4 wheel drive

Whats out there nowadays for converting my CC to 4 wheel drive? I've got ideas but would love some input. Also, anybody ever welded there rearend for positrac?
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What are my options for 4 wheel drive

Imaginative Manufacturing has some awesome products! You could probably adapt a pair of BBB axles to work. Aside from that, it's up to your imagination and skill. These carts with the transplanted four wheeler AWD, IS, disc brakes make me drool like an idiot! I wouldn't weld spider gears in anything but a drag race vehicle. The penalty in turning radius simply isn't worth it.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

If you only knew how much the BBB stayed in the over the 4wd issues, you would not convert yours. With the right setup and driver, you can take a 2wd cart anywhaere a 4wd can.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: What are my options for 4 wheel drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
If you only knew how much the BBB stayed in the over the 4wd issues, you would not convert yours. With the right setup and driver, you can take a 2wd cart anywhaere a 4wd can.
agree 100%
I would do more voltage than 4 wheel drive.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have proably put in 8-10 controllers and 12-15 motors on these "new" EZGO BBB. IMO they are JUNK. nothign like paying for 4wd and only getting 2wd after 1 weeks worth of riding. lol

now converting yours may be a diff story.

I will say i was talking to my neighbor tonite that had bought a beast/boar hog, which ever is 4wd. He told me he sold it about 6 mth ago. only had it 4 mths and it stayed in teh shop more than he had it. He had all kinds of issues. controller, motor, axle, brakes, and the list goes on and on. I was like, sorry to even bring that up. lol
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: What are my options for 4 wheel drive

Ive never herd of how much run time these 4x4 get. I know the day I went out with those guys in my video there carts were done and I still had plenty of run time left.
We only rode that morning. I was surprised at the way they eat the batteries up. I wouldn't think a set would last you very long.

Also Mike (riverracer) brought one of the new carts which was 72 volts to the CAW back in March, it was 4x4 and it's batteries didn't last as long as mine. I rode the whole day and he had to go back early because the cart was getting weak.
In his deffense though we used it to pull several carts that day when it was strong though.
I just can't see how the batteries could last as long on a 4x4 as they do on a 2 wheel drive.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
sbarnes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have to agree with the above posts. My hunting cart has been on some hunts with some guys filming some Turkey Hunting shows. One had a brand new BBB XTO and my cart outperformed it, especially on run time. They only cart running on days 3 and 4 was mine. I'm going to try an Imaginative Engineering Kit, but right now my 2wd is impressing everyone who rides it.
sbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts