lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New Wires

I have a 2006 Precedent 4 12 volt batteries that were installed Oct. 2010. Its lifted with 22 inch tires. My next step is new wires and later sending the motor to PQ. I am looking at going to #2g wire. Is there a drawing or instructions on lengths and ends needed, and which ones I need to replace. Thanks
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Wires

Cable kits are available from forum sponsors by application. Be sure to replace ( ALL ) 6 guage cables. Unless you are going to upgrade your IQ controller 4 guage cables should be more than enough. Contact TAHOEDAWGZ71 for straight info on Precedents.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Old Mec. I have #2 and #4 welding cable available for my disposal with hydraulic crimpers. Sounds like #4 would be my best bet just wondering if #4 will run thru my obc without giving me much problem. Sounds like there are a lot of wiring concerns around the obc. I was hopeing someone had build a set and measured them for later needs. My cart is at the lake 2.5 hours north of my house and I would like to build the cables in the afternoons and have them ready when I go to the lake.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

No, it won't fit through! That is the only one you don't replace but, do make a new 4ga cable and bypass the OBC cable but leave the OBC cable hooked up too!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you leave one end off the ground cable that goes through OBC you may? be able to thread 4 guage through depending on how tight the opening is? Do not cut or drill opening larger as there are sensors inside that can be ruined.
You are very lucky to have access to a hydraulic crimper and should take advantage and maybe make up more cables for Precedents in both guages for resale? I am finding so many fair to poor to terrible cable kits that a quality made kit would be a blessing to forum members. I have always soldered with high temp plumbing solder ( more of a braze and low lead to be enviromently safer ) and then crimped my cables and then covered the connection with a HD shrink tubing. By doing this when I did have to replace a cable I found that it was almost impossible to seperate strands as they were one solid cable.
You might want to post lengths of each cable to help out others in forum with same question?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car