lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 04:36 AM   #11
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Batteries Fully Drained + Overcharged = Self Accelerating & Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Just something else to consider once you get everything straightened out, is the condition and placement of some of your cables. I’m looking on my phone, but it looks like you’ve got some potentially funky connections on a couple. I see one of the battery cables that looks like the shrink is inside the lug?? Also, make sure the high amperage cable is always the first in the stack when you’ve got multiple wires on one post.

Looking forward to seeing you get it all straightened out.
I am new to this appreciate the feedback.

Did not know that it's bad to have heat shrink inside the first couple millimeters of the connectors. I have been trying to do that, just to sort of make the wire a little better, and then a larger piece of shrink tubing that goes over the the lug to secure it better to the wire.

Are you suggesting the shrink rap inside the lug is bad or just not neccesary?
With the high power wire "first" are you're saying place it in the bottom? Place it on last?

Thanks for the info.
srobertson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2019, 04:44 AM   #12
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

Hey so I've torn everything out.. redoing all of the wiring.. in doing so I found water inside of the circle thing (see picture).

So far the wiper blade "looks" fine. Cleaned off the contsvors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaterInPart.jpg (135.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #13
Sideways
Gone Wild

"With the high power wire "first" are you're saying place it in the bottom? Place it on last?"

The "high power wire" should go on first, or the bottom. Then add the smaller wires on top as needed.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:16 AM   #14
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

Aside from surviving few pops, a little smoke, and a siren type noise from a battery at one point.. I removed and cleaned up the wiper board, removed and cleaned up the F/N/R control box, clipped and reset all the connections. New ignition switch.

IS THERE SOME TYPE OF TESTING I CAN DO PRIOR TO FIRING THIS UP? Am learning a lot however I don't totally understand how much of this electrical stuff works. Add to that the possibility of crossing a wire, not grounding something, reversed polarity, ignition key switch wiring being backwards.. I don't know.

Any tips on not injuring myself or the batteries much appreciated.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #15
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

I know I'm a moron but the diagram has a different switch and I'm not sure which is the ground etc. This seems correct yeah?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191120_064446.jpg (83.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191120_063454.jpg (142.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #16
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

Ok so.. when I turn the key on, all good. Neutral all good. Forward or Reverse the cart tries to accelerate and I get an immediate loud spark/pop. It is coming from the passenger side, right by the F/N/R hardware as best I can tell. Each time I've had sparks and pops it is coming from this area.

So check this out.. the wiring diagram.. everything pictured in the diagram is how I've got it hooked up, with one exception.. the diagram directs me to hook up one if the little black wires coming from the F/N/R rocker box things to POS however I have picture proof that it has always been hooked to the NEG on the same battery. See attached picture. There have always been 3 to the NEG and 1 to the POS. When I touch the black wire to the POS, I get sparks.

Maybe the previous owner modified it, and I'm new but doesn't that mean there should be an additional offsetting conflict? If this one is hooked to NEG instead of POS, then somewhere else I should have a conflict with the diagram but the other way around. The whole circuit polarity reverse polarity thing.

This also explains the energy being unexpectedly applied.. I had to have screwed up the wiring when I was putting the F/N/R box back together. One if the rocker speong box things looked a little jacked up.

Thoughts? I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for the F/N/R box. Might just replace the part if it isn't that much.. what's the Rock Auto of the gold cart world??

Thanks all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191120_204853.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191113_015348.jpg (232.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #17
srobertson88
Not Yet Wild

Ignore thread, reposting, admin pls delete thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO