lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #1
swsawyer@reagan.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default probably a dumb qiestion

This wire has been driving me nuts, because I don't know what it does.

(Not my picture, but I saw it on another post and it triggered my OCD thinking about this again.) For the longest time I thought that I had unhooked something, when I wasn't paying attention, but everything was still working fine, so I just let it be.

Thank you, in advance, for explaining this and putting my mind at ease ('least for a little bit).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow connector wire.jpg (147.4 KB, 0 views)
swsawyer@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: probably a dumb qiestion

I think that’s the ground for a factory 48-12 reducer
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It's a factory accessory ground. Anything connected to the battery pack should be grounded there so the OBC can account for the energy usage and replenish the batteries as needed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
swsawyer@reagan.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the quick response, E36.

Being a ground wire makes sense. I'm glad it was not something I inadvertently disconnected.

On a different subject... noticing in your signature that you have completed a 58v lithium conversion...
1) Was that a DIY upgrade?

2) Now that it is said and done, what do you think? (i.e. was the juice worth the squeeze?)

Knowing that my battery pack is going to need to be replaced, down the road. I am stuck on the idea of a Li conversion. Since I have some time to plan (and save up for) I am trying to do my research now.

Thanks, again.
Sean
swsawyer@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsawyer@reagan.com View Post

Being a ground wire makes sense. I'm glad it was not something I inadvertently disconnected.

On a different subject... noticing in your signature that you have completed a 58v lithium conversion...

2) Now that it is said and done, what do you think? (i.e. was the juice worth the squeeze?)

Knowing that my battery pack is going to need to be replaced, down the road. I am stuck on the idea of a Li conversion. Since I have some time to plan (and save up for) I am trying to do my research now.

Thanks, again.
Sean
Worth it! Way worth it! Having said that alltrax is nearing the release date of their out of the box lithium conversion. Having done a DIY conversion similar to E36 I would wait for the alltrax version. My conversion works great and I have faith that it will for a long time but an out of the box conversion fully supported from one company would be a better option. Not to mention potentially alot safer for DIYer with less knowledge than required.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsawyer@reagan.com View Post

Thanks, again.
Sean

1) yes, total diy with invaluable help from BGW members

2) worth every penny and drop of sweat!!! I’m going on 8 months with insane performance, ZERO maintenance, killer range and fast charge times. My best guess is I have at least 500 miles on the leaf pack at this point without so much as a cough, hiccup, sneeze, didn’t have to add a drop of distilled water and not one corroded terminal.

I’m no electrical engineer either, a CPA actually, that’s just mechanically inclined. At first I did countless hours of research, wasn’t confident at all. Not that I built one, it’s really not that hard at all. To do it again, I could go from loose modules to a running cart in a Saturday, noon Sunday at most. It’s a lot of work to do it right and clean, but not as technically overwhelming as it seems. I highly suggest the conversion to anyone that understands how to use half of the functions of a digital multi meter, piece of cake.

From a cost perspective, I tell all my neighbors that are in the same boat as you, plan on $2k and you will have change left over. And worth every penny.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car