lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Swapping Alltrax AXE 7245 450a for Alltrax SR 72500 500a

Hey guys. Looking for some advice. Finally got the new controller in and the wires do not just transfer over like I was hoping. The big circuit wires are straight forward. However, the small wires are confusing me. My old controller had 5 pins (1/2 Speed, Throttle 2 and 1, Key on) It is an orange wire, white wire, black wire, and three red wires (all at the key on). The new controller has 6 wires it needs. J4 and J5 appear to be throttle, so I am thinking the white and black wires go there. The others though, I'm confused. One of the wires is supposed to be blue and goes to a personality switch??? One is green and just says "user"??? There is a red wire for the main contactor (solenoid?), but I have three red wires grouped together. There is a black wire for main contactor (which I don't have any more extra black wires - although I do have some small black wires that were attached with my B- large cable). I know this may not make much sense, but its confusing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Swapping Alltrax AXE 7245 450a for Alltrax SR 72500 500a

Attached are schematics for an AXE and a schematic for a SR.

It sounds like you have some extra red wires attached to the KSI pin on the AXE, but the rest is fairly straight forward.

The SR has 6 control wires while the AXE only had 4. The two new connections are User and Solenoid.

The SR control wire connections are as follows:
J4 = Throttle white wire.
J5 = Throttle black wire.

J1 has four color coded connections
Red = Red wire (I'd trace out the other red wires to see where they go)
Blue = Orange wire. (1/2 speed)
Black (New) = Black wire from solenoid. This was connected to B- terminal on the AXE. With it connect here, the controller controls the solenoid activation.
Green (New) = wire from a switch you have to add to switch from User-1 to User-2 mode. This allows you to have one performance profile for you and a different one for the kids or whoever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SR in TXT.jpg (250.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AXE to SR
Pin 1 = J1 red
Pin 2 +3 = J4 & J5 In any order
Pin 4 orange = J1 blue REV
J1 black or J1 green not needed.
Connect all your small B- wires back up to the B- on the SR
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks guys! Exactly the information I was looking for. Seems like it is working now. Gonna put it all back together and road test it later. Thanks again!
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO