lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
pharmcop1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Yamaha G29 electric-help!

I have purchased my first cart, a 2012 Yamaha G29 electric. I purchased a base cart with the intent to install a lift kit, new wheels and new tires. During the install, I disconnected the reverse beeper as I intend to use this cart for hunting. Also, during the install the wiring harness to the motor was disconnected (reconnected when I finished). Everything is complete and back together...looks great! But now it will not run. I gave the cart a full charge when I purchased it last week and it has not been used since. Any thoughts on why it isn't running now? Remember, I am new to this so dumb it down for me. Batteries are charged and it ran fine before I installed the lift.
pharmcop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 Yamaha G29 electric-help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmcop1 View Post
I have purchased my first cart, a 2012 Yamaha G29 electric. I purchased a base cart with the intent to install a lift kit, new wheels and new tires. During the install, I disconnected the reverse beeper as I intend to use this cart for hunting. Also, during the install the wiring harness to the motor was disconnected (reconnected when I finished). Everything is complete and back together...looks great! But now it will not run. I gave the cart a full charge when I purchased it last week and it has not been used since. Any thoughts on why it isn't running now? Remember, I am new to this so dumb it down for me. Batteries are charged and it ran fine before I installed the lift.
has to be something simple, like something swapped around or something. That being said if you put the wires back on the motor the wrong way you would know, and it would fry something too. It may sound simple but is your TOW/RUN switch set to TOW? it can be hard for people to notice because it's tucked right under the top in the battery compartment. I was going to say check the solenoid but I highly doubt that's it. When you turn the key to ON on the ignition you should hear the solenoid click
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:04 AM   #3
pharmcop1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it. Anything I suggest is either a guess or mere speculation, but could it have anything to do with merely rolling the cart forward a couple of feet when I began working in it? It did beep a few times, which I later found out was a safety feature. The cart does absolutely nothing when I turn the key and information on this make/model is very limited online. I even called Yamaha, which did not help.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Here's the owners manual if you need one.

https://www.viewmastercms.com/assets...ricgolfcar.pdf

If you played with the wiring or towed the cart with the switch in RUN, I think that can cause problems.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #5
pharmcop1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave, I took a look at the owners manual. Unfortunately for me and others, it doesn't offer much help. I WILL figure this out!! Thank you.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:57 AM   #6
Dsouthw524
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You do not mention if you checked the run/tow switch!
Dsouthw524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The owner's manual has a wiring diagram. That should help. Trace the power from battery through Run/Tow to the key switch. The controller is not getting power if it doesn't beep and brake when you push the cart with it in the "Run" position of the run/tow switch.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have 48V at the Tow/Run switch? If not, there is a 3A fuse located in a vertical harness left of the controller and below it right near your roof drain.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This may sound stupid, but did you check the plug into the harness for the key switch? when you unplugged the buzzer, is that all you unplugged? What is your battery pack voltage?
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha