lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Electric ezgo vs gas

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if a electric cart would hold it's own vs a gas cart. I haven't got much feedback but thank you to any advice that is thrown my way guys this is a really informative site!
Swishercustoms86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Electric ezgo vs gas

Welcome to BGW!

Depends on your definition of hold its own.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Gas and electric carts fill different needs. How are you wanting to use the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishercustoms86 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if a electric cart would hold it's own vs a gas cart. I haven't got much feedback but thank you to any advice that is thrown my way guys this is a really informative site!
Well,if you ask me it's how you will use it, i had both txt gaz and 36v. I personally think that the gaz txt is : more noisy, not fast, not a torque monster and not that cheap on gaz the good point is you can go how far that you want. I do prefer electric for torque, noise, and easy to upgrade for more power.. I think that electric is cheaper on the long run than gaz, i currently have a 2010 rxv with original batt and still running strong i'm sure i will make at least 2-3 more year with these, they cost around 800 plus TX round here, i was putting around 300$ in gaz/year... For me it's pretty easy to do the math... Once again i talk for myself... Hope this help
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I do a lot of trail riding at picacho and I have a 86 2 cycle, I was wondering if the electric would climb a bit better or haul wood to the fire better, I'm thinking about buying a 87 electric cart but I dot know anything about them, thank you for welcoming me to this awesome site!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The gas is an expensive factor especially with the oil mix factor for me, te only thing that I'm worried about is the batteries dying on the trail.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Overall, range is likely to be your problem with electric. Also, skip a "resistor speed control" electric, unless you plan on updating to a more modern system. Resistor coil is very inefficient with power. Gas has mega range on a tank of fuel, my lifted cart gets over 30mpg. But, A full charge of the batteries costs less than a dollar. I have both gas & electric, and would go gas for any trail riding rig, but only because of range & 36/48v packs are expensive.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #8
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you use 3 12v instead of 6 volt batteries?
Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishercustoms86 View Post
Can you use 3 12v instead of 6 volt batteries?
Only if they are "golf cart 12v" (T-1275 or equivalent), but Not advised at all. They are all way lower capacity than 6v golf cart batts (T-105 or equivalent). This equals significantly reduced range, not what you are looking for when you are out on the trail...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #10
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I should prolly just do the safe road and buy the 6 volt, are solar chargers compatable with those batteries?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO