lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
suprsze007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Batteries Gone Wild

Let me start by saying I have a 2000.5 Club Car 48Volt Regen2 with an Alltrax DCX 500Amp controller and Interstate Workhorse batteries that are about 3+ years old. The problem started two days ago when i drove the cart for about 10 min. ride it started to shudder at high speed, the cart was slightly faster than normal so i figured something was definitely wrong. I got it back to the house and the motor was HOT, i could touch it and not burn my hand but it was a quick touch. I failed to get my temp meter out at the moment and temp it as it was getting late. So yesterday I scoured this site looking for answers. I'd narrowed it down to a possible voltage or pack issue. So i got home last night only to realize all the batteries were low on water and the pack was sitting at slightty over 67 volts....YES 67. So I ran to the store, got distilled water and filled all the batteries to spec. I let it sit over night and checked it this morning. Now the pack is sitting at 83 volts. I'm positive that's not good.....Question is, What do I do about it? I've figured out that the water was low and I put a full charge on the pack thus creating this issue.
suprsze007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car