lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
cgarcia64
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2010 Zone battery wiring diagram needed

Hello all!
I replaced the batteries on my 2010 48v Zone golf cart. I took pictures on how the wiring was set, but still managed to mess it up. Does anyone have a battery diagram for this cart so that I can get this going again?!?

Thanks for your help!
cgarcia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
After Hours
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Zone battery wiring diagram needed

Did you ever figure this out?? I'm having the same issue as we'll but my batteries were stolen.
-vonn
After Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
intrepidz
Not Yet Wild

The YouTube video is of my house. I lost everything in my home on that summer day 8/13/2012. If you have a zone cart in your garage, get it out of there. Only park it where it would not catch anything you care about catching on fire. It doesn't even need to be plugged in to blow a battery. I read on another forum about a guy backing down a driveway and blowing a hole on the top of a battery.
There have been many fires, but you are not going to find them due to settlement agreements. These owners cannot talk about them. I have not settled with them. I’m only asking for what my insurance didn't pay for and they are fighting to not pay anything. They know there is a problem and are not contacting anyone to warn them of the dangers. I’m warning you right now!

I’m a shift worker and came home at 6:00 am, hit the shower and tried to go to bed. It was summer and my wife and two kids were home sleeping. Lucky for me the batteries made a lot of noise when they were exploding. I went to see what the noise was and found the two carts on fire in my garage. Had the fire started a little later I would have been asleep. Had it started in the middle of the night, who would have been there to wake my family up? I could have lost all of them. I just don’t know what else to say.
Please don’t risk your family’s lives with one of these ZONEs parked in your garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAVOP2hBmzc

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8771276

http://www.click2houston.com/news/pa...-fire/21025000
intrepidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Here's a pic... Best I could do. Sorry no diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M11774.25.jpg (105.5 KB, 0 views)
Rodriguezmf1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Dalkeither
Not Yet Wild

The firm of Harris Penn Lowry is initiating a class action suit against Zone carts and Drive Electric, their distributor. Full page ad in our local paper today. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear from you. call them at 877-688-7651
Dalkeither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
bgw70
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia64 View Post
Hello all!
I replaced the batteries on my 2010 48v Zone golf cart. I took pictures on how the wiring was set, but still managed to mess it up. Does anyone have a battery diagram for this cart so that I can get this going again?!?

Thanks for your help!
Here is a diagram for this cart. It was made tonight before the batteries were pulled. New US250HC XC batteries will be delivered tomorrow. the local vendor gave me a great deal at $126 each.

Note, after the batteries were pulled I noticed the battery heat sensor was never placed between the batteries...

Back in 2010, many experienced members of this site warned all of us about these carts, how they were made, etc, etc, etc. THEY WERE RIGHT on almost all accounts.

As for any class action lawsuit, good luck getting anything out of Drive Electric...if the cart owners receive any money, it might be enough for a six pack of beer. The lawyers will make all of the money.

Now, I do not know what they suing for but most of the owners, IMO, do not deserve any money because they purchased these carts and it did not cost them much, unless you incurred major damage like the guy who burned his house down.

Carts, like anything mechanical require maintenance and if you do not know anything about them and do not do any maintenance, they will not last and they could possibly harm or kill you.

With all of that said, I still have mine, it runs well, except for the batteries, everything still works, knock on wood and I hope I can get a few more years out of it. I take care of it and do not abuse it. it is only driven on the road. The rear differential lube has been changed and synthetic added.

I have learned a thing or two from guys on this site, for example, I purchase a watering system for this cart and yes they are handy. gornoman warned me and many others that you still must manually check the water level from time to time. I can confirm that his warning was valid because the watering system does not always distribute water equally. A big thanks for that warning!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Who Dat Battery Diagram.pdf (270.2 KB, 0 views)
bgw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
bgw70
Getting Wild

So, I went to the ambulance chasers web site to read about the class action lawsuit. The lawyer only posted three links to stories about these carts catching on fire...only three??? out of 17000 sold!

Here are some words from the fire inspector...

He said the State Fire Marshal also sent an inspector out to the home about noon Friday to confirm the Bonita department's opinion.

"It's not a regular occurrence, but it's not unheard of for a golf cart to catch on fire," Shelly said. "Over the years there have been a number of them in Bonita Springs."

how about that, it appears that others may catch on fire too...he went on they say,

But for cart owners, checking out their batteries and paying attention to maintenance couldn't hurt, he said.

"It's just like in your car. They have to be kept clean, free of corrosion," he said.

how about that, you have to perform maintenance on these carts...a lack of water in the batteries may cause a fire! maybe the owner should be sued for negligence!

The inspector went on they say,
That's what happened with the Bonita Springs Golf and Country Club, when two separate fires burned down the club's golf cart barn in the 1990s.

Pamela Pass, the club manager, said the wooden barn that housed about 60 Club Carts burned in 1992; then a newer metal structure built to replace it burned again a few years later, taking out a fleet of about 80 newer Yamahas.

Yet even though the insurance company looked into it, an exact cause for either never determined, she said. What she said the two fires had in common was the type of charger the club was using to charge four carts at once at night.

This stuff happens...
Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 AM   #8
bgw70
Getting Wild

Battery charging safety
http://iwccfamd.net/index_files/bull...ARTSAFETY4.pdf
Old 07-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #9
KHB255
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Smile Re: 2010 Zone battery wiring diagram needed

Thank you for the very helpful information.
I am doing my research a bit late to the game, as I did not know the back story to these carts and am currently a new owner of a used one.
KHB255 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zone accessories?, zone electric, zone order changing, zone questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay