lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Big matt
Not Yet Wild

Default Losing power

I have a 2000 txt 36volt dcs. I have not had any problems until this weekend and it was losing power while I was driving around. When I got back to lodge the motor and
controller were hot. I noticed that the batteries had a lot of corrosion on them. I had just cleaned them and added distilled water to them about three weeks ago. I have only drove it once after cleaning them till this weekend. If anybody has any suggestion what might be wrong it would be appreciated. It has a lift with 22in tires if that helps.
Big matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Losing power

the stock controller will not handle a 22inch tires for long. Eventually the extra load takes a toll on the controller and the motor is starving for amperage.
re: the corrosion, Could be your batteries are old and gassing alot during recharging, that is normal, use a battery terminal coating for protection.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sniff sniff.....sniff snifffffff..............I smell a phone call to Carts Unlimited for and upgrade
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Big matt
Not Yet Wild

What size controller should I use. The cart is used for driving around the hunting lease and also used at work for doing sprinkler inspections. I would like to know what else should be upgraded for this. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would use a 400 amp controller and a 200 amp solenoid. The DCS cart will make tons of torque and decent speed with a few 4g cables and this combination.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you haven't already, take off your battery pack cables one by one and clean them and your battery studs to clean bright metal. It's a little labor work, but it may help!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Big matt
Not Yet Wild

It has a 400 amp controller on it but they said it was from the factory. Not sure on the solenoid and cables are only 8g and was planning on doing those already. Do you think that factory controller just not as good as aftermarket. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO