lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
bigdweld
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G16 SMOKES

i have overhauled this cart 3 times , last time new piston & rings 50mm over , head shaved , new valves and seats with new seals , still smokes BAD soon as you crank it , have to put hand over carb to choke it enought to start , then hold factory choke out till it gets hot , bore looks new , spent 350.00 still smoke , every time take the head off will be about a half table spoon full of oil on the piston . I have a manuel , done the ring clearence thing and all , been fooling with this thing a year now , after you park it it will sit there a desiel because of the oil on top of piston , and yes only put 1 quart in it , i have took muffler off still smokes same , bypassed the fuel pump still smoke , have changed it several times , does have a gas smell to the oil .....Anyway im at ends wit with this thing , Any Ideas ????????
bigdweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G16 SMOKES

WELCOME

YOU REALLY NEED TO POST TO THE RIGHT FORUM TO GET A ANSWER.

Introductions NO TECH QUESTIONS

No one will be looking here to answer a question about any problems, try posting to yamaha forum.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
bigdweld
Not Yet Wild

were do i post it if not yamaha thats what it is ?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
chompy
Getting Wild

You are in the right place. Papaw, however, is in the wrong place. What is the level of oil in the crankcase? An overflowing carburetor, due to a stuck needle valve, can send gas into the crankcase and raise the fluid level to the point were you get oil in the top end. Check the levels and if they are too high you probably need to clean out the carb.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
bigdweld
Not Yet Wild

yep had the carb off and apart sevral times . as far as oil i have change it sevral times with ( one ) quart , even tried 20w 50w oil level dont raise , but has that hint of gas smell , could be norm , but its i know the piston and rings are new , but it sure will pump oil to to the top Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
chompy
Getting Wild

If there is oil in the top end it can only come from four places. It can come through the intake valve with a bad seal, it come through the carburetor if the air filter is flooded, it can leak into the cylinder if the head gasket has a leak between the valve chamber and the piston chamber or it comes up past the piston. If the air filter is good, the valve seal is good and head gasket is good then your new piston and rings are suspect.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
You are in the right place. Papaw, however, is in the wrong place. What is the level of oil in the crankcase? An overflowing carburetor, due to a stuck needle valve, can send gas into the crankcase and raise the fluid level to the point were you get oil in the top end. Check the levels and if they are too high you probably need to clean out the carb.
Just FYI, Papaw is right on the money, this thread was moved here from the Introduction Section. Carry on gentlemen.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smokes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha