lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
JHK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wiring diagram (lights) & brake ?

Hello All,
Semi-new to the forum...definatly new to electric carts. My prev. cart was a '82 Yamaha G1 that hauls arse after the motor rebuild & mods. Thanks for all the info I recieved with this group (as a whole)....those crank seal were interesting.......

Purchased another cart for my father, as the gas cart was too fast....so he suggested an electric. Its a 1982 36V DS Club Car (A8238-36244) that is 100% complete, running/ driving....just needs some love.

I have searched the sticky's for wiring diagrams and found them useful, however I need one for the accessories.....lights, lights switch, floor dimmer switch...etc. This cart has everything, but the main power and ground cables are not hooked up to the batteries. I ran power and ground via jumper wires to them...and everything works.....just need confirmation on where to hook them up. I am assuming the 1st battery in series for "positive" and the second in series for "negative"?

My secondary stupid question is....which is 1st in series? The fartheset one from the one hooked to the motor correct?

Second, my brakes suck. I was going to read anything available prior to just tearing into the thing....is there anything available?

Please excuse my ignorance in this arena......its all new to me.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
JHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car