lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default aftermarket exhaust

I have seen some carts on youtube and other sites witha bunch of wierd engines and stuff but I have also heard some buzz about putting ATV exhaust systems on the stock motors to get a little more power. Is this true?
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: aftermarket exhaust

You can get small gains with many different mods. The exhaust on these golf carts are very restrictive. Changing the exhaust usually works best with the carb. jet kit and K&N filter.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have heard of people BBQing their exhaust but that would only make sense with a two stroke right? What exhaust would be best to put on? ATV, Motorcycle, or try to derestrict this one somehow. I have no idea how but I have heard it can be done. thank you for all you replies and knowledge.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Some members here have cut their stock mufflers open and someone gutted them and others have purchased modified ones. They are expensive. Even stock ones. As far as which would be better, I think I would go with a modified one in case it craps out later, you still have the stock one.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #5
shawn.m
Gone Wild

i cut my stock exhaust off and welded a dirtbike mufler onto my G9. i also rejeted my carb and added a K&N. Very large difference! I have pictures here and on the other site.
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

could you post a link to the pics? Thank you for all your help!!!!!!!!!!! I am a little new at this. I have to use my cart as my primary mode of transportation because I am permanently disabled and cant get into a car very well at all. Any money saving tips are great. Hell I only make 600 a month on ssi and I have 3 kids. Thats right we are the poor family who likes to find fun on a Yamaha.LOL
Old 09-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Same here!!! I have a lifted G9 with a muffler of a 2003 ltz400 quad. I' running a 23 horse vanguard, and K&N!
CULO will post pics soon
CULO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #8
xteam
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwh3rd View Post
could you post a link to the pics? Thank you for all your help!!!!!!!!!!! I am a little new at this. I have to use my cart as my primary mode of transportation because I am permanently disabled and cant get into a car very well at all. Any money saving tips are great. Hell I only make 600 a month on ssi and I have 3 kids. Thats right we are the poor family who likes to find fun on a Yamaha.LOL
im also using my cart as primary transportation due to injury....my cart just crapped out though.what size jetts can some one recomend because mine has a k&n on it and it ran very lean when it did run...when i hold the gas half throttle it ran fine and at full throttle it would bog out. unless i choke it then it would fly wide open
xteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xteam View Post
im also using my cart as primary transportation due to injury....my cart just crapped out though.what size jetts can some one recomend because mine has a k&n on it and it ran very lean when it did run...when i hold the gas half throttle it ran fine and at full throttle it would bog out. unless i choke it then it would fly wide open
When I was running the stock engine in my G9, I opened the main jet to .046". Ran great with a K&N and a gutted stock muffler.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

There was a nice step by step with pics, but I can't find it........Or was that at the other place?
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha