lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
krtyson08
Not Yet Wild

Default New to the electric cart game need some answers on some questions

I have a 2016 txt 48v lifted on 23” tires other then that it’s stock not sure what computer is on it one guy says it’s prolly a Curtis but that’s a maybe but what is some ways I can turn it up without changing out a lot of things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krtyson08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to the electric cart game need some answers on some questions

You can’t program it yourself, but a dealer probably can. On most of those, there is a speed code upgrade which will increase the speed some. Otherwise, replace the controller with a user programmable option, like the Alltrax.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Unless you are dead-set on pinching every single penny, at the expense of cart reliability & usability, I'd say go for a bigger controller now instead of later. The tires are just too big for a stock controller. And you would be throwing upgrade money into a stock controller that's just not up to the task.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #4
krtyson08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Unless you are dead-set on pinching every single penny, at the expense of cart reliability & usability, I'd say go for a bigger controller now instead of later. The tires are just too big for a stock controller. And you would be throwing upgrade money into a stock controller that's just not up to the task.

So what’s your recommendation on that note it has a Curtis right now don’t know if that matters or not

Old 02-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtyson08 View Post
So what’s your recommendation on that note it has a Curtis right now don’t know if that matters or not

Curtis is standard for golf equipment. Some people put Alltrax XCT48400 control in their stock motor carts. On average this nets about 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph.
And other people put the XCT48500 in the same cart and detune it to 400 specs. The results with the stock motor are about the same as above. With the benefit of a built in cooling fan and enough head room to run any aftermarket motor later.
Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #6
krtyson08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Curtis is standard for golf equipment. Some people put Alltrax XCT48400 control in their stock motor carts. On average this nets about 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph.
And other people put the XCT48500 in the same cart and detune it to 400 specs. The results with the stock motor are about the same as above. With the benefit of a built in cooling fan and enough head room to run any aftermarket motor later.
Hope this helps

What’s the difference in regen and series? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get educated on all this

Old 02-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtyson08 View Post
What’s the difference in regen and series? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get educated on all this

The drive system – the way the motor handles current. Yours is a regen cart. Also known as Sepex.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:44 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2 completely different designs, and not inter compatible at all. A "regen" system is actually a "separately excited system" or Sepex. It is capable of regenerating power back into the batteries when slowing. Also it gives some benefits of being able to tailor power based on the speed/job at hand, like more torque at low speed, and more efficient operation at higher rpm speed. That "best of both worlds" description does not mean it's the best choice for an off-road rig. The alternative is the older "tried & true" Series motor, it can offer the best low speed torque OR high top speed, but, it's always a trade-off for what motor best suits your actual needs. A high torque series motor is generally better than Sepex for off-road/big tires, but a high-speed series motor is not good for off-road/big tires. Series motors cannot work with sepex controllers, and vice-versa.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO