lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 cutting out while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
6mph hitting the Rev limiter? You must have clutch/belt problems.
It sure doesn't sound like it's revving very high in the video, which is why I suspect the TCI may be failing, but clutch issue is definitely a possibility.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #12
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
It sure doesn't sound like it's revving very high in the video, which is why I suspect the TCI may be failing, but clutch issue is definitely a possibility.
I feel it’s electrical, I checked the clutch all looks good and it gives a little pop every time it bogs like it’s losing spark or something
Kob716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sounds like the ignition rev limiter by my ear. It's hard to diagnose over the internet, but that's where I would look first. As long as you are sure your clutches and belt are in good condition and working properly, it shouldn't be over revving at low speed.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #14
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have links to the parts I need for the hei conversion?
I see the regulator off a dart but the resistor won’t open says page not found I also don’t have oreilly near me so I’ll be trying Autozone,advanced, and napa
Old 07-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just look up the ignition module and ballast resistor for a fart. Anywhere should have it in stock.

What CG was referring to, is make sure both of your clutches are operating properly (opening and closing). If one is stuck it will be at full rev but not going very fast. Make sure the belt is rising to the top.of the primary clutch and dropping down into the bottom of the rear driven clutch when the motor revs up.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #16
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Just look up the ignition module and ballast resistor for a fart. Anywhere should have it in stock.

What CG was referring to, is make sure both of your clutches are operating properly (opening and closing). If one is stuck it will be at full rev but not going very fast. Make sure the belt is rising to the top.of the primary clutch and dropping down into the bottom of the rear driven clutch when the motor revs up.
Ok I will get parts later ono looked into the install and found your diagram but where does the resister go in?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's in the diagram, just wire it like the picture shows.

But make sure your clutches are getting full travel first. If the rear clutch isnt opening and letting the belt drop it's going to hit rev limiter at slow speed
Old 07-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #18
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
It's in the diagram, just wire it like the picture shows.

But make sure your clutches are getting full travel first. If the rear clutch isnt opening and letting the belt drop it's going to hit rev limiter at slow speed
It’s hard to test the clutches when I can’t rev the motor fully
Old 07-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kob716 View Post
It’s hard to test the clutches when I can’t rev the motor fully
Remove the belt and slid the front drive clutch by hand. Those yamaha clutches dont have springs so it should easily slide all the way closed and open.

Check the rear too. It's a lot stiffer and you may have to turn the outer sheave by hand a bit as you pry open, but it should move as well.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #20
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Well I tried the dart igniter the wires are all jacked up before I got to it so I did the best I could to the diagram and it barely starts and pops and all sorts of things so I have no idea I’m not an electrical person only engine smart but all the reds are spliced together which is throwing me off and there’s 2 wires I don’t use?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha