lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2007 Yamaha Drive/G29 lift

Looking at lifting my 2007 yamaha Drive cart this winter trying to look into what the best lift is.. i have been looking a lot at the jakes long travel. but been seeing people talking about several issues with them. wondering what the best lift kit is to use.. i still use it as an actual golf cart. My plans for this winter is to add lift kit rims tires, madjax 300 rear seat and 84 inch canopy. so my question is what do you guys recommend. what do i need to look at for when i add the rear seat also.
Jazzyt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha Drive/G29 lift

Gas or electric?
Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Gas
Old 05-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

It currently goes about 22 mph. Dont know what has all been done to it. Goes a little slow up a hill so not sure if I should look into the plowmans.com lift upgrade kit while I'm at it or what I should all get into
Old 05-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Probably going to need to upgrade rear springs as Yamaha rear spring have a tendancy to be soft. I installed the Jakes LT only because I didn't like the stiff spindle lift on my older buggy.Then I called Don at Plowmans ,talked with him,ordered the extreme kit,installed and finished the final tune with Don then added the Genesis 150 rear seat.The WOW factor of installing Plowmans kit still makes me smile everytime I get on my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190427_172754.jpg (400.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
Probably going to need to upgrade rear springs as Yamaha rear spring have a tendancy to be soft. I installed the Jakes LT only because I didn't like the stiff spindle lift on my older buggy.Then I called Don at Plowmans ,talked with him,ordered the extreme kit,installed and finished the final tune with Don then added the Genesis 150 rear seat.The WOW factor of installing Plowmans kit still makes me smile everytime I get on my cart.
Yeah i talked to don this morning and he told me to go with jakes 3 inch and the upgrade kit. said it would ride like a dream really was thinking i wanted the long travel but im not sure.. lol how is your madjax seat holding up talked to him on ordering the 300 and he said dont do it there stuff fades really quick and is heavy as crap.. was going to email madjax and see how heavy there 300 is since its aluminum.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #7
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

kessler do you like your long travel??? did you have to do anything with the rear end??? im planning on doing a lift this winter.. trying to justify the long tavel kit. ive looked at jakes 3 inch kit and can get the 6 inch kit for the same price.. just trying to justify the extra 350-400 for the long travel. or if i just keep that buy the 6 inch spindle and use the extra money for the performance kits. than buy the long travel kit later
Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I love my LT and I've had both spindle and LT lifts.If your on pavement or gravel rds most of the time,go with the spindle lift, any offroading and I would go with the LT.
I buy all my stuff from sponsors here,the Genesis 150 was not my first choice but I was ..
1.pressed for time as it is camping season and
2. I got a heck of a deal because I deal with the same sponsor everytime.

I have only had the Genesis 150 for a few weeks with no complaints so time will tell..
but I will definetly buy aluminum next time
Old 05-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #9
Jazzyt88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
I love my LT and I've had both spindle and LT lifts.If your on pavement or gravel rds most of the time,go with the spindle lift, any offroading and I would go with the LT.
I buy all my stuff from sponsors here,the Genesis 150 was not my first choice but I was ..
1.pressed for time as it is camping season and
2. I got a heck of a deal because I deal with the same sponsor everytime.

I have only had the Genesis 150 for a few weeks with no complaints so time will tell..
but I will definetly buy aluminum next time

Thanks for the input.. I guess when it gets closer to winter I'll focus on the lift a little more. Going to definitely get the kit from don.. might just get spindle kit for right now and than get LT. But we will see later really appreciate the info
Old 05-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #10
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Save your money for the LT..you'll be glad you did.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts