lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
BrealHuge
Not Yet Wild

Question Wrong Solenoid in my cart? w/ Pics- Please suggest correct solenoid I should be using

Hello, I recently bought an old project cart. I didn’t realize this at the time but is the pictured solenoid a 12volt instead of a 36 volt solenoid? This would explain a lot.

I want to put the correct solenoid in it so I can get everything functioning as it should.

Can someone suggest a part to replace this that will work? Also, are they pretty universal for this type of cart solenoid? (Where I can buy one for a 36volt cart and slap it in)

Thank you in advance!

It’s an 82 resistor cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A8D1CFD7-3D7B-4960-8D4A-78C7B9E211A4.jpg (138.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by BrealHuge; 09-16-2018 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Missing Info
BrealHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Wrong Solenoid in my cart? w/ Pics- Please suggest correct solenoid I should be u

Looks like a 12v to me. (Ford maybe?) Also you have at least one wire missing.

I'm not the EZ-GO expert, but can you post a photo of everything around that so we can see what you have?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
BrealHuge
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: Wrong Solenoid in my cart? w/ Pics- Please suggest correct solenoid I should be u

Yeah the jumper wires are not hooked up at all (to the key and MS on the pedal). I tested continuity and it’s showing the solenoid is activated

I got the right wiring diagram and will hook it up correctly once I have the correct parts. Just checking if I had to get a special 36 volt solenoid.

I’ll include a photo, enjoy the laugh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9C4DB24B-AB1F-4700-BBCF-4FABEA33C390.jpg (246.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A0385927-1FC3-4F1A-8F5F-8ED49505007D.jpg (171.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
BrealHuge
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wrong Solenoid in my cart? w/ Pics- Please suggest correct solenoid I should be u

You think this one will work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B3A26CFC-95F2-481C-8E89-5015F3BCEFBF.jpg (75.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4C46F3E4-C7E2-43CA-8A7D-DEAA016208BE.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Nothing there to laugh about. Yes, you need a 36 volt solenoid. Easily found in here.

Look above for "Site Sponsors." You will find what you need.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

We must have posted at the same time, LOL. I know nothing about that seller or the quality of that product. I would use one of the site sponsors.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

BTW. That is a fairly old cart judging by the motor orientation (not that it matters.)

But I noticed that red wire going across the battery pack. Look closely at your wiring diagram. That does not look right to me.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #8
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

You don’t want to use those 12v car batteries long term. You need to use 6v deep cycle batteries eventually. But those will do for testing- they just won’t last long.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
You don’t want to use those 12v car batteries long term. You need to use 6v deep cycle batteries eventually. But those will do for testing- they just won’t last long.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
Good call Luke. I knew there was something else not quite right. Did not notice it.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If he has car batteries, it's possible that it's a robocart (or an old cart I've never seen), and was wired to use a 12 volt solenoid.

Best bet is to assume all wiring is suspect. Do you want to spend the time and money to chase down all wiring and correct it, and pay $600+ for new batteries? Likely that's not all that's wrong.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO