lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
ncorry
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha Drive 2 Lift anywhere?

I'm contemplating buying a new Yamaha cart with the EFI engine. Three options:
1) Drive 2 Fleet with front Tru-Trak II strut suspension and independent rear suspension (4.3" ground clearance);
2) Drive 2 PTV with front Tru-Trak II strut suspension and independent rear suspension (5.5" clearance);
3) Adventurer 2+2 with front Tru-Trak II strut suspension and independent rear suspension (6.7" clearance).

The primary use of the cart will be off road hunting access. Fields, trails, mountain gravel roads. The Adventurer's 6.7" of clearance is right on the border of not being enough. Ideally, I'd like 7.5-9" of clearance.

I've talked to Jake's and none of their lifts fit any of the newer Yamahas that have the Tru-Trak II front suspension. Does anyone know of an aftermarket lift for these carts (both front and rear).

The Adventurer comes with a bull bar, bigger tires and the rear seat, but I doubt the OEM bull bar will be compatible with a winch, so I'd rather not pay the extra $1,000 from the Adventurer and start with option #1 or #2 and add what I want from there. All input and options will be appreciated.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2016, 12:27 AM   #2
BadBowtie03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha Drive 2 Lift anywhere?

Hey man, im thinking about doing the same thing you are... Have you heard the new quietec gas engine in person? I was thinking go with a new AC electric yamaha cart because ive heard they last a good long while and i want to be silent while out in the woods.. But if this new gas engine is virtually silent like they're saying maybe it would be worth it? Do you know of any online videos of the new quiet gas engine Drive?
BadBowtie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
ncorry
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha Drive 2 Lift anywhere?

I don't know of any videos online (although due to a background in firearm suppressors I KNOW that online videos are a horrible reference for comparing sound levels). I have not driven or seen one in person, but that will be changing very shortly.

My hunting buddy has a 2006 Bad Boy Buggy Classic (the Classic is a upbuilt EZGO with separate motors front and rear, two controllers and full time 4x4, 48V, and weighs close to 1600 lbs with 8 6V batteries). We've killed a lot of pigs out of it. The thing I've noticed is that if you're not on grass, the tires make all the noise. Now, he's not running turf tires by any means, but even slick tires on gravel and rocky roads make a lot of noise.

The Yamaha site on the Quiet Tec page (link below) shows testing results indicating that the PTV EFI with QT produces 60.5dB while a ClubCar Electric makes 58.9dB and EZGO RXZ makes 59dB. All measured with 2016 production carts at 25 feet on a paved cart path at constant speed. I'm sure the difference in sound during acceleration is quite a bit larger, and the 6.7hp AC versions of the same carts has me very interested too. The Yamaha site rates the EFI engines in different places at 8.9hp and 11.4hp. On pretty much all of the carts, the AC has a curb weight 250-300lbs higher than comparable EFI versions.

Link to dB ratings: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/newre...te=1&p=1314176

The local-ish dealer is supposed to be getting the Adventurer 2+2 in stock soon in both EFI and AC versions. If there was a good lift kit available, I'd be all over a 2017 PTV EFI with 4 wheel independent suspension. For some reason, the same 2017 PTV t in AC, DC and carb verions has the independent front suspension but the older (non-independent) rear suspension. Only the Drive 2 (Fleet and PTV) with EFI has the IRS- the Adventurer 2+2 does not.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts