lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 rxv want your opinion

So i picked up a 2010 rxv with the 13 hp kawasaki.. i lifted it , put on some 22x10-12 wheels and tires .. ive done spark plug , air filter , oil change , fuel filter , fuel pump , & new severe duty drive belt .. it runs great , but i fee like it just shakes/vibrates the cart more than it should upon acceleration and honestly all out driving .. our 2004 club car with the fe290 with a lift kit wheels and tires is all around alot smoother .. i figured with the ezgo being so much newer itd be alot more powerfull and smoother .. but its not, even with the adjusted gov. The rxv is only just as fast.. did i do something wrong maybe? Are my expectstions unreal? How smooth is everyone elses' gas rxv ?
svtnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 rxv want your opinion

Did you put on the drop bracket on the front engine mount? The big single cylinder won't be as smooth as a twin.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1fan View Post
Did you put on the drop bracket on the front engine mount? The big single cylinder won't be as smooth as a twin.
I did .. i even swapped out the front engine mount spring for a different type of isolator .. it made it a touch smoother but still , meh.. ive never driven a twin cylinder cart .. i can only compare it to our clubcar with the smaller 290 kawi..

Been thinking of maybe trying to mount some rubber isolators between the engine and the swing arm ..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

That bigger single has more mass being thrown around with each stroke, so you're bound to feel it more. We have lots of both (FJ400 & FE290) come through the shop and I've always felt more vibration in the 400 but with more power to compensate.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
That bigger single has more mass being thrown around with each stroke, so you're bound to feel it more. We have lots of both (FJ400 & FE290) come through the shop and I've always felt more vibration in the 400 but with more power to compensate.
ahh thank you.. so its not my imagination.. the 400 is just more violent engine perse.. i guess it does accelerate quicker, my brain was not thinking that way when i learned the rxv had the 13hp kawi.. all i thought was more power better top speed.. i guess not so much when there is still a gov. still in place..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Our local campgrounds are 10 MPH zones, so we try not to get too carried away - but I've gotten those EZGOs with the FJ400 running 25mph or better (on 20" tires) without touching the governor itself. Just taking the slack out of the pedal to governor accelerator cable does it.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtnos View Post
ahh thank you.. so its not my imagination.. the 400 is just more violent engine perse.. i guess it does accelerate quicker, my brain was not thinking that way when i learned the rxv had the 13hp kawi.. all i thought was more power better top speed.. i guess not so much when there is still a gov. still in place..
More power doesn't necessarily equate to more speed. More power gets you to that speed QUICKER but overall speed, with all other things being equal (gear ratio, tire size, etc) the 290 and 400 will be the same speed. You need to turn more RPM to get more speed, and rev limiter is probably similar/same on both motors since they're both Kawasaki.

However, if you wanted more speed and to install HS gears, the 400 will obviously respond much better due to the extra power over the 290.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtnos View Post
I did .. i even swapped out the front engine mount spring for a different type of isolator .. it made it a touch smoother but still , meh.. ive never driven a twin cylinder cart .. i can only compare it to our clubcar with the smaller 290 kawi..

Been thinking of maybe trying to mount some rubber isolators between the engine and the swing arm ..
We bought 10 of these RXV's in 2008 and they all did just what yours is doing. Our golfers didn't like them because they were louder than the nice and quite 2-cylinder Robbins.
I don't know this for sure but I think the Club car Kawasaki had a counterbalance shaft where the ezgo doesn’t. I do know they had an Elvis shake when you take off Otherwise they are good engines.
Keep it clean under the brake pedal because we had problems with trash getting in that area and causing issues. I hope EZGO fixed that problem
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
We bought 10 of these RXV's in 2008 and they all did just what yours is doing. Our golfers didn't like them because they were louder than the nice and quite 2-cylinder Robbins.
I don't know this for sure but I think the Club car Kawasaki had a counterbalance shaft where the ezgo doesn’t. I do know they had an Elvis shake when you take off Otherwise they are good engines.
Keep it clean under the brake pedal because we had problems with trash getting in that area and causing issues. I hope EZGO fixed that problem
You are correct. The FJ400 is a similar, but different beast than the club car FE motors. Looks like they use a counterbalance shaft instead of the weight the CC's used. The CC motor is very smooth, that weight must be a lot better than the shaft. they shake pretty good at low RPM when the weight is removed, but once you get moving it's not noticeable.

Probably see a lot less ezgo kawi's with big holes in the block than the club cars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (72.2 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #10
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
the elvis shake when you take off!! lmao yesss . the whole steering column/steering wheel shake pretty hard when you first start to accelerate.. but smooths out..

well i feel a bit better knowing its not just me and other people have had the same experience
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO