lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
crock921
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid replacement gone wrong

Hello,
So i have been troubleshooting multiple issues. My cart would always say low voltage even though the batteries showed fully charged with a voltmeter. I ended up calling a repair company, and he said I needed a solenoid and new charger.

Here's the rub..I could not see the white line on the diode between the small posts on the solenoid, and installed it backwards. This is where the fun starts. I ordered a replaced the diode because I do not have voltage across it with the pedal stepped on and in gear. He said the next step is to replace the pedal switch and throttle inductor.

How can I test these parts before blindly replacing them? How can i test the controller to be sure I did not ruin it?

Any help would be appreciated.

All new batteries, 36v ez go txt.
crock921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid replacement gone wrong

If you installed the diode backwards on a Ezgo TXT you need a new pedal box micro switch... It's the one with a roller on the trigger arm $16-20 depending upon where you find it. Do that first. It may be all you need. PS. if you can't see the white band on the diode leave it off until you get it running then ask somebody who can still see () to tell you which side of the diode has the the little faded stripe before you put the new one on.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
crock921
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks so much! I couldnt see it on the old one, but i bought a nice, shiny new one that is very clearly labeled.

I dont get a click on the solenoid, so I am guessing this is why.
Thanks again..ordering it up now!
Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That would be the most common result (cause of the problem). Some older series carts get a reed switch failure from the same mistake. It' sin the charge receptacle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:05 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That would be the most common result (cause of the problem). Some older series carts get a reed switch failure from the same mistake. It' sin the charge receptacle...
And is such a notorious source of problems, even ezgo eliminated it later on. You should too, if you are responsible enough to unplug the charger every time before you drive.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #6
crock921
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did eliminate the reed switch, so thats done. We took the red wire from the FR switch and ran it to the + on battery 1.
Since I am doing the pedal micro switch, do you suggest doing the ITS at the same time, or holding off on it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO