lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
a3fan11atick
Not Yet Wild

Default Long travel rear suspension build

Hey guys, So I have read every post I can find on fabricating a long travel rear.. electric Club cart ds here..my first choice would be a true 4 link but what makes the build the trickiest seems to be that the motor is mounted right where the upper links should be…. Im wondering if I can actually rotate the axle (a little less than 90 degrees) so the motor rotates backwards so that i have space above the differential to weld a bracket "bridging over the diff" to mount upper links from a 4 link to.. :) seems like it could work since the brakes could also be remounted in the holes by 90 degrees.. heck id even upgrade to hydraulic disc's so the cable location wasn't so critical… Would this work?

Right now i am running HD leafs in the rear… my other idea is to put the stock leafs back on ( which are no where near stiff enough for the weight of my box) and just use them to secure the axle and put coil overs in to handle all the weight… making a shackle after the coils are in to allow the most travel in the leaf….maybe even a hollow shackle that would slide up and down the bolt..

The last idea was to cut the leaf right behind the u bolts and let half the leaf articulate with the coil overs. (might need pan hard bar)

I really like idea 1... Do you think any of this would work??
Thanks guys
a3fan11atick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Long travel rear suspension build

In to see what you come up with, have been looking into similar ideas myself. I have seen a few pictures on here of the stock leafs cut off behind the axle, a heim joint installed in place of the front snubber and then either air or coil-over shocks in the rear.
Firefytr29wfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Long travel rear suspension build

That will work, but with the bushings in the front of the leaf springs, you will need a panhard bar or third link to keep the rear end centered. Keep us posted. If you need some bushings, or heims joints, let me know.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center